You can type here any text you want

Info on a PT-54

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86Nick

Not your Grandpas' regal
Can anyone give me some info on a PT-54 turbo. Just wondering any pros or cons about it. Also any durability problems.

I used to have one. Worked good for the 2 years I had. Went 11.1 at 119 with it. On my car, it needed a a good 3000 stall converter. I originally had a 2800 stall D5, it was somewhat of a pig with that.

I used to have one. Worked good for the 2 years I had. Went 11.1 at 119 with it. On my car, it needed a a good 3000 stall converter. I originally had a 2800 stall D5, it was somewhat of a pig with that.

Thanks Kevin,

Anyone else with any info?

One of my buddies had one. It is a good turbo. But if you are buying brand new, I would buy one of the newer models. I think the 54 is comparable to a 6157.

how do you think the pt54 will act with a 3200 stall...i have one i'm putting on and i'm leaning towards a 3200 just in case i go bigger turbo one day...will the spool be good.........brett

I went 124mph back in 99-00 with a PT54. They work well if you have a good converter, cam , and heads.

Good turbo...I had it with a Pat's 10/inch 3400 Lock up converter...This was on a stock headed...V4 Intercooled car...still spooled up instantly...:biggrin: I would buy another one if I had enough injector....:eek:

I had one and I pushed it to a 10.35@131. I had a B&M Holeshot 3000 that was way too tight.

Back