You can type here any text you want

info on getting auto dealer's license?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackBeauty

Hey everyone, I want to know what it takes to get a dealer's license in FL, when I search on-line all I get is websites where they want you to pay around $100 bones for their book with "insider secrets" and all that crap. Is there somewhere I can read what the minimum requirements are? I don't want to own a shady used car lot, I just want to be able to sell more than 2 cars per year. So hopefully I don't need a large sign on display, etc. Thanks in advance.

Well, you have to have a lease for the little shady car lot that holds at least 5 cars and has an office on the property with various appointments that the state requires. You need a $25,000 bond, Dealer's auto insurance for your tags, acquire a sales tax exemption number, attend a school to learn how to be shady.

OR, become friendly with someone who hardly can speak English, and for a monthly fee, he'll add you to his regiment of idiots who rent a license from him so they can do business as a "dealer". After this hard working, "tax paying" immigrant, screws and cheats enough people, he then changes his name and becomes someone else.

Darn, sounds like a lot of rules to be able to buy and sell cars as I please. Would I be able to buy and sell more than 2 cars if I never signed any titles? I will check with the DMV when I have free time, but I don't want to ask them, "Gee, how can I get around being licensed?"

Da "rulez"

Here's da rulez:
1. Change your fone # to BR-549.
2. Get your hair slicked back w/ a shot of 90/140.
3. Wear a big belt buckle and cowboy boots.

Actually, the 2 car rule is pretty flexible.. you sell 2, the wife sells 2, the in-laws each sell 2...yadda, yadda. Pretty soon you'll have all the bases covered, and you can sit on the porch and watch the business roll in!!....:D :D :D

Back