You can type here any text you want

info

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

esm

i have a newbie question --- if i remove my oil cooler (remote oil cooler)
not the factory ---- can i just put the oil filter on the block ---- or do i have to add anything to make the filter work --- i quess i call a turbo saver what i removing ----

i have a newbie question --- if i remove my oil cooler (remote oil cooler)
not the factory ---- can i just put the oil filter on the block ---- or do i have to add anything to make the filter work --- i quess i call a turbo saver what i removing ----

Remove adapter--screw filter on. Non turbo cars are like this. Should work fine except your oil run HOTTER and your pressure will suffer. 84-85 car came from factory like this. I know some run without a cooler--GM didn't just put them on for no reason.

why does everyone on the street tell me to remove it --

Do those who tell you to remove it, own turbo regals?

There is a reason it's called a turbo saver and i would never remove mine.;)

If its a turbo saver you are removing, make sure you still have an oil line going to the turbo. Some turbo savers require plugging the factory feed port and have a new line running to the turbo. Removing the turbo saver may leave you with no oil feed for the turbo.

I think he was talkin the oil cooler .. I havent run them since the early 90s.. to each their own.. Oh I have a LOT of miles on all the cars I had and were driven HARD !!:cool: This has also been beaten to death in numerous threads if ya do a search.

Back