You can type here any text you want

Inj Bung/Fuel rail source?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

Decided to get going on a project and need a set of inj bungs and fuel rail for a carb stage II intake manifold.
Also a question, where the inj bungs get welded to the manifold my manifold does not appear to be level across all 3 ports..........did some of you grind down the top of a port to make them level?
Hopefully you know what i am talking about.
Just by eyeballing it i was thinking on welding the bungs first and then drilling out the hole......good, bad?

TIA.

Try Kinsler fuel injection. There is a special drill for what you want to do. They have a web site. I can snap some pics of my S2 intake for you if you want.

Originally posted by Ted A.
Try Kinsler fuel injection. There is a special drill for what you want to do. They have a web site. I can snap some pics of my S2 intake for you if you want.

That would be nice, thanks Ted.

The runners on the intake manifold aren't all on the same plane(same height). I didn't grind them at all. I bought the injector bungs from PTE which were more than long enough. I carefully drilled the holes in the manifold runners with a hole saw on a drill press.

I fabricated the rails, assembled an old set of stock injectors to the rails then added the bungs to the injectors. I fitted the whole rail with injectors and bungs into the holes and then tack welded the bungs in place.

Some bungs hang out of the runner more than others, but I ground them all flat inside the runner.

I bought a piece of 6061 aluminum 1.5X.5 stock to make the rail stands. A power miter saw with a carbide blade cuts this stuff very nicely!!

Kinsler will sell you the bulk rail and rent you the pocket cutters that you need to drill the pockets in the fuel rail.

Link to manifold pic

If you are looking for someone to do hte Job, My engine builder does them.

Back