You can type here any text you want

Injector D/C % Spike...What's Up???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ZBass28

Boost Junkie
Car has been running real good, very pleased with everything :)

Yesterday, just for ****s and giggles, I decided to log a 3rd/4th gear run while merging onto a local expressway. Basically started at about 3Krpms and no boost and brought it up to about 5800rpms with 9 psi of boost. Car ran fine but I felt a very, very minor stumble. During the run I had to ease off the gas and reapply to get around a 'slowpoke' in my way ;)

When I looked at the log after the run was complete I noticed something that looked a little peculiar. There were 2 spikes in the INJ D/C % graph line. Looking through the log I found that the first occured in 3rd gear at about 5200 rpms. At 5000 rpms my D/C was 65%, but then jumped to 117% at just 5200 rpms, the engine was not a WOT either, the TPS reading was 52%.

The second spike occured in 4th gear at only 4800 rpms, approximtely the same TPS % and jumped from 62% to 110%. Both times after the spike the D/C came back to a normal level like high 60's% and continued normal to the end.

What the heck is goin on? Hopefully I haven't left out any other important info. Both times the car was in boost, but not anywhere near wide open throttle. A/F ratio didn't seem to be affected, at least not that I could see.

The second spike *may have* been right after a gear shift.

What I have been thinking is that the first one may have happened in 3rd gear when I had to let off the gas and then re-apply the gas when the slow person was in front of me. Would that make any sense that it would spike like that though under those conditions, especially since it wasn't really even near WOT?

Usually when I log runs in 4th gear I never see any DC % over let's say 78%, if I recall.

I am running 65# injectors on a boosted 350 LT4 which makes about 700 crank hp roughly.

Back