Injector Pulse Width

Buick Beginner

Where is my $$$ going?
Gentlemen,
I've been reading about Injector PW, (My head is swimming), anyway, when someone says you're injectors are almost static, does that mean maxed out? - BB:confused:

I'm making a manual which describes these things in detail, along with how to burn your own chips, and what to look for in the directscan data. Anyone interested in a copy, please email webmaster@bmcomputersource.com

I will be done sooner or later... hopefully sooner than later!

-Bob

Yes, by the way, static= full open. Not opening and closing like they are designed to do.

Originally posted by Buick Beginner
Gentlemen,
I've been reading about Injector PW, (My head is swimming), anyway, when someone says you're injectors are almost static, does that mean maxed out? - BB:confused:

Static means, not moving, ie the pintle has opened and it's flowing at it's max.

There is a time when then the ecm can be asking the injector to fire too much, and the injector never has time to shut off before it's being asked to open again. If you get things really wrong, the injector will float 1/2 open and 1/2 closed, and it's any's quess what it's actually flowing when it does this.

Usually kinda sorta this happens at 90+ duty cycles at the higher rpms.

The trick is running large enough injectors so that the duty cycle is low enough to allow the injector to operate corrrectly.

The faster you want the injector to operate means going to Peak and Hold injectors, since they can open quicker.

Running SEFI and Peak and Holds, you can run huge injectors without any problems. ie 72s are no big deal, if tuned correctly.

If your running an oem ecm, and want to double the HP of the engine then run 2x the injector size of stock. This keeps all the ecm functions happy, and you don't get into the finicky to tune car syndrome.

Very Interesting

Thank you Gentlemen - As time goes by my little light bulb gets brighter and brighter. - BB;)