You can type here any text you want

Injector question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

951le

Can someone tell me what the LB/HR on a injector is refering to?Also is there a way to convert CC per cycle to LB/HR?

see if this works for you...

cc's and psi are not directly convertible as cc (like lbs/hr) measure how much fuel can pass through the injector while psi measures how much pressure the fuel is under when it passes through the injector. A 30 lbs/hr fuel injector is about 315 cc's. Just multiply lbs/hr by 10.5 and you roughly have cc's.

BW

Thanks for the response.This book I've been looking at says that a stock inj flows 75 cc per cycle.How many cycles are there in a minute?What LB/HR is a stock LC2 inj.So LB/HR is the measrement of how much fuel will flow through the inj.What is a LB of fuel?Are the inj manufacturers saying that if you take the weight of a gallon of gas and divide that into the LB/HR you can figure out how many gallons will flow through it in an hour?

951le said:
Thanks for the response.This book I've been looking at says that a stock inj flows 75 cc per cycle.How mnay cycles are there in a minute?What LB/HR is a stock LC2 inj.Also what is LB/HR measuring?

At 500 RPM there are 250 cycles per minute, and at 10000 rpm there are 5000 cycles per minute. The stock injector is rated at 28lb/hr, which is pounds of fuel per hour.

HTH
David

Back