Injector sizing?

mojilla

I was planning on getting some goodies for my car this year.
It is mainly stock know with the exception of a walbro 340 hot wired, and an electronic boost controller.
My question is what size injectors would be good for my set up?
I plan on getting a 3 inch down pipe, the SMC kit, a chip, and injectors, and possibly an upgraded turbo.
It would be great to get some assistance about injector size, and combinations. My goal is low 12's.
THANKS
Joe Miller

My car loved my JC ta-49 w/ the stock injectors.

Also liked a JC ta-61 w/ 009's

Low 12's...you can get that with the stock stuff.Actually high 11's are possible with stock turbo,stock injectors,stock IC,stock converter,stock rear...On drag radials.

I did a 12.27 a week ago on pump gas and alky all stock stuff.11's are way possible.Maybe this Sunday for me.

Only upgrade injectors if theyre bad or goals are to get car into the 11.50 or quicker range.And stock injectors are plenty as far as stock turbo goes.If you plan on changing them..go with 50's.

spend your $$ on something other then injectors...
run some xylene in your gas tank to start cleaning the fuel system,
the alky kit will definitely get you into the 11's

run jason cramers power plate and 23psi of boost is no problem
ps
if i can ever find out if hoosier is going to sell the 16" slick, i'll sell you my 26x11.5x16 et streets

Razor, finally somebody else that believes that 11's are possible with stock parts. I ran 110.21mph (with a lousy 1/4 time due to a stuck wastegate puck) on stock turbo, intercooler, injectors, and downpipe. That was on 104 octane (after mixing race gas and pumpgas) and with straight 116 octane, I am sure it would run even faster and will do 11's (I just want an 11.999 timeslip)

Dont know when I will get out to the track again to prove this theory though. Good luck to you in the meantime.

Anyways, if you are going to change injectors, go with the 50's, they wont give you any drivability problems, and you wont have to change them again soon.

Originally posted by 1badTTA
Razor, finally somebody else that believes that 11's are possible with stock parts.

I'm pretty sure they will go 11s on stock parts. Oh wait.. Lemme check my timeslip.

TimeSlip

Yep, Its possible :) Stock Turbo, Intercooler, Injectors, Downpipe, Convertor etc. 110 Octane, Thrasher 108, 20 psi with 2455016 Nittos. :D

Bryan, I am having Randy check the Quick Times for size. Ill let you know this weekend.

Steve(TTA850) ran an 11.95@112 with a 1.62 60'(i think) one the stock motor. Chip race gas transbrake springs and slicks, and a few little things got that beast into the 11's :) MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY TTA MOTOR!!!!! :D :cool:

Seeing as I dont have a ton of money to waste, I just want to be able to get my car to go as quick as possible with the parts that it came with. I don't understand why so many people just start changeing parts when they are nowhere near the max on the parts they have, I can understand going with a better turbo if your needs to be replaced anyways, but do intercoolers and downpipes wear out? How many people have a THSSDP on a 13 second car? What about bigger intercoolers on a mid 12 sec car? I know I am running my injectors about 120% but it isnt leaning out, just rich in first gear. I guess I just like to be able to snub my nose at all the people that waste their money on parts when all they need to do is tune it correctly.

I lay claim to converting steve to the Darkside! He was building a 350 for his racecar till I caught him on thirdgen.org and told him he was doing it wrong :) ;)

Originally posted by TTA89
I lay claim to converting steve to the Darkside! He was building a 350 for his racecar till I caught him on thirdgen.org and told him he was doing it wrong :) ;)

yeah i've seen that motor, i think its still sitting in his garage, its not a bad motor but a turbo 3.8 is just better :) :) :) He can lay claim to changing ME to the dark side :D

Yup it's all Mikes fault and I'll never stop thanking him :D
What was I thinkin tryin to build a big old noisy slow V8 anyway ;)
And Tony I'm glad I got to you,you'll be thanking(or cursing)me soon enough :D ;)

Seriously though,11.90's or better are attainable on stock stuff without a doubt and for most TTA owners goals there is no real need for much more than some good old fashioned tuning.

But if you feel you really want to put injectors in I don't think you can go wrong with MSD 50's

Steve