You can type here any text you want

injector sizing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
How does one size injectors? Specifically, how big can you go with the stock turbo and longblock?

FWHP x BSFC
____________ = Inj size in #/hr
#injs x DC

No need to "step up", if the engine is stock. A good pump, hotwire, adj reg added, and U R GTG.

FWHP x BSFC
____________ = Inj size in #/hr
#injs x DC

No need to "step up", if the engine is stock. A good pump, hotwire, adj reg added, and U R GTG.

Short, sweet, and on the $ ............ as always :cool:

How does one size injectors? Specifically, how big can you go with the stock turbo and longblock?
John,
Are you in Pasedena?
What I found, is that most injectors are big enough, but can be dirty.
If you have some stock injectors, have them cleaned to make sure they are up to the task.
Contact Chuck ........ I think he has some good connections to a GREAT shop if you decide to have them cleaned. :cool:

I ran 60's with my stock turbo/block. That way as I upgraded I wouldn't have to upgrade the injectors.
Thats what I was thinking Russ. Yes I am in Pasadena. I already had my stockers cleaned, rebuilt, and matched at an injector shop on Harrisburg, but for what that cost I probably could have upgraded. Pacemaker86 once advised to go straight to the 60#ers.

If yours are in good condition and you're stock then don't worry about it, just follow chucks advice. I mean, you've all ready spent the money. Later when you upgrade and need bigger injectors just do a 60 or the new 80's if people are using them and they're idling well.

Back