INQUIRING.... Jax's Leather Seat Kit

I installed the solid grey set in a former 87 T and loved the look of it. The trick as far as getting the bottom fronts to fit "just right": you may have to cut another notch in the foam to hog ring the side to side strip into place.

SE Turbo Leather

Maybe someone can help me with this. I To have been kicking around the idea of leather. Seeing the pic above really clinched it for me. Ive been eyeing the ones on the seturbo.com web site for a while now. Then when I seen the link above to Jax seat covers I clicked it to check them out. Checking out the pics on the Jax site I noticed they have the same picture as the one on the seturbo web site. I figured okay great seturbo has the Jax seats. I call seturbo and they tell me they used to carry the Jax but that they had alot of complaints so now they use Walker and everyone loves them with no complaints. Question. Anyone get the leather from seturbo? Anyone ever hear of Walker? And last question. Is the leather in the picture above directly from the jax web site? Because that is exactly what I want mine to look like. Thanks everyone in advance and sorry to make this such a long post.

Here's some pics. These are 4-5 years old already. Blue/grey in a light blue car.

P1190095.jpg

P1190093.jpg

P7220241.jpg

Maybe someone can help me with this. I To have been kicking around the idea of leather. Seeing the pic above really clinched it for me. Ive been eyeing the ones on the seturbo.com web site for a while now. Then when I seen the link above to Jax seat covers I clicked it to check them out. Checking out the pics on the Jax site I noticed they have the same picture as the one on the seturbo web site. I figured okay great seturbo has the Jax seats. I call seturbo and they tell me they used to carry the Jax but that they had alot of complaints so now they use Walker and everyone loves them with no complaints. Question. Anyone get the leather from seturbo? Anyone ever hear of Walker? And last question. Is the leather in the picture above directly from the jax web site? Because that is exactly what I want mine to look like. Thanks everyone in advance and sorry to make this such a long post.

I too have been thinking of getting leather seats. I have never heard of anyone complaining about Jax's interior. They've been around as long as I've been into TR's. I know I will be going with a set from Jax's.

Dannyo

The entire kit for 850 sounds like a really good deal.

Saving that site to my favorite's... They'll be hearing from me in a couple months... :)

JAX is a top quality professional shop!

I have seen DJRWoods blue T - fit and finish is just as nice in person as in pics. :cool:

All the work (visors, carpet, door panels etc.) I've had done is super satisfactory at a fair price. Also I have always had POSITIVE communications with them about their products and service. There is cooperative staff, honest information and accurate answers to all the questions I had. Talk to them, ask every question you can think of, ask the same questions at your local upolstery shop, then make a decison.

Embroidered Headrests

I have decided to go with the JAX'S leather kit,the decision was easy because of the posted installed pics.... Thank You :D Next question thinking of a bit of a change up :cool: the embroided headrests....the thread color ....what if I had them done a grey/graphite color versus the tradition power 6 colors yellow& orange/red ????? any suggestions or thoughts..... something unique and possibly extra curb appeal. I did contact JAX'S and there wouldn't be any extra cost for this option.... so post your opinion
Thanks in Advance

the embroided headrests....the thread color ....what if I had them done a grey/graphite color versus the tradition power 6 colors yellow& orange/red ????? any suggestions or thoughts.....
Thanks in Advance

that would look cool for sure.

jax

Thanks guys. You've made my decision an easy one. Im goin with Jax. Also liken the idea of a color change on the logo. Let me know what you come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E.
I was thinking about getting those, but I saw them on a local guy's car and it just did not quite look right. The fit was good and all, don't get me wrong, they were nice. It just did not work for me. I got G-body parts show seat covers and could not be happier.

Once again, the kit was very nice, It just did not suit me.

Same here.
I really want to see some others because I was thinking that the one I saw may have needed some new foam and or been pulled a bit tighter too.

After reading the thread, "my thinking" seems to have some merit. I bet the one I saw was probably not installed properly.

Just want to be clear; my first post was not intended to be a negative on the product, just my single experience with an unknown level of quality install.

both of those cars leather kits look good to me...:eek:
you sure did a good job on the paint job on that blue t-type.