You can type here any text you want

Installed Alky kit and new alky chip and BL is 150

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

A little background
Mods
BEFORE THE ALKY kit
30 lb green injectors
RJC power plate
160 degree thermostat
Stock Turbo
93 Octane
Stock airbox
FP 43 line off
TT chip for the above
My BL number was 132

I added last week
Razors ALky kit
MAF pipe with open K&N
Test pipe with dump
New TT street Alky chip

The BL number was 146 on one day. The next day it read 141. A few days later when I took it out again it read 141, I increased the FP from 42 to 43 and it came down to 138. Yesterday, I drove it again and it shows 150. I tried to increase the FP to 45 but the BL didnt change.
BL number is now 150 with 43 lbs psi FP.

I checked all the Y vacuum line that goes to the actuator.
I spoke to Eric and am sending the first chip back to be reprogrammed to see if he can get the BL number down.

Any ideas what else to look for if the chip doesnt change the BL.
Here are the lastest readings on my Scan Master and Vacuum/boost gauge

Vacuum at idle 17lbs
AF 04
L8 31-37
INT 128
BL 150
CLE 168
ATS 107 and changes
Rev 800
TPS .44
IAC 11
CC 215
Recall on the scanmaster showed .07 knock on the shift between 3rd and 4th and the O2 read 812

Thanks to all.

The alky wont affect your BL.

Install your old chip and see if the number comes back down to 132. Back track your changes to air filter/pipes and such..

Typically a high BL means the O2 is seeing a lean condition. This extra air can come from a few different sources.. typically vacuum leaks. Not turbo related.

Listen while the engine is running for any "hisssss" sounds.

Chip could be bad, injector can be bad, O2 sensor, etc.. search "BLM" on this site.. there is tons of info.

This is why changes always need to be done 1 at a time. Doing multiple things gives you multiple things to look at now. Be glad its not a new engine..

Good luck,

Julio

Sent the chip back to Eric and got it back a couple of days ago. After he reprogammed the chip, my BL number is now 130 and the as Razor said, the alky kit had nothing to do with my high BL number after I installed his kit.

Back