You can type here any text you want

Installed fuel pump and hot wire kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

It was not that bad. About 4 hours total using a lift and using my buddy who is a very experienced mechanic. I could not imagine doing it without a lift.

My car had an original stock pump in it. But the previous owner ghetto rigged his own hot wire kit. He spliced into the hot lead at the pump connection at the back of the car. Then ran what looked like speaker wire to a relay in the engine compartment.

The Racetronix hot wire kit is a nice piece. Truly plug and play.

My car went 114 on the stock pump. But it took 45 PSI base FP with 50s at full blast to do it though. So I figured I would play it safe and upgrade the pump.

One thing to add, the base fuel pressure went up 5 lbs just on the pump change.

i have had the raceronix kit sittin in my room for a couple months now....maybe longer, don't have access to a lift, me and my uncle had talked of doin it in his garage, he said it won't be too bad, but all i read is people saying that without a lift it would be the end of the world...so anyone who has done this without a lift have any input for me?? i'd like to get in on there someday, if anyone in the NE Ohio area has a lift, and want to help, lemme know.

-Joe

you could do the old "cut an access panel behind the rear seat" to make it 100x's easier to get to the pump...

I would rather pay someone than do it on my back in the garage. Getting the tank out of the car if a MFer even on a lift. Or do the "access panel" That is a tough call though. The Hot wire kit is no problem in the garage.

I've done three of them so far, mine once and buddies twice (he insisted on putting the pulsator back on, :rolleyes: )

All were done in the garage with no lift. It's not that bad, especially with help. I did mine by myself, having no help assisting with clearing he filler neck
made it difficult though. Some sites say you need to drop the rear end, but the exhaust will slide over in the pass. wheel well giving you enough of room.

Gotta love the rusted circa 1990 flowbastard :D

Attachments

• DSC00002.jpg
    DSC00002.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 76
Back