Installed new PTC 2800 10'' WOW!!

josh young

As the title says just got the new 10'' PTC in the car and WOW what a difference. It spools the TE60 off idle in about 1 second literally! Much snappier under part throttle acceleration also. It feels really close to the 12 inch that came out of there, breaks the ET streets loose with ease! With that being said I see a nice conley's restalled 12'' coming up for sale. :)

Nice I have the same converter with TE-60-1 (rebuilt with BB center from garrett). Very good drive-ability around town for sure. I too noticed how well it worked mid-range while cruising.

Thanks for the feedback. That's exactly how it should work. Drives nicely and only stalls when you want it to. Glad your enjoying it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I too put one in 3 weeks ago, thing is awesome. I have a header leak and some rotting vac lines that I need to take care of. Once I do that I am willing to bet I will notice a difference. Mid range its awesome, I have a 6262 Billet wheel. Off the line its spools up fast but I think once the header and vac lines are fixed it will be even faster. PTC is the way to go for me.

I bet Dusty would know the slip %. It feels like the Conley's 2800 12" that came out, which was actually about 2250 or so at 0. I notice a little more slip from a stop during normal driving, but that's it! I haven't left with anything more than about 0 vac/ boost but even then it will spin the e/t's for half a block.

I bet Dusty would know the slip %. It feels like the Conley's 2800 12" that came out, which was actually about 2250 or so at 0. I notice a little more slip from a stop during normal driving, but that's it! I haven't left with anything more than about 0 vac/ boost but even then it will spin the e/t's for half a block.

I was referring to slip percentage at the top of the track.

How wide are your ET streets Josh young. Also, fill out your signature too, so we know what what we're looking at.

Anyone worked the slip percentage for this convertor?

Those numbers depend on many variables. Some slip 5%, some may slip 12%.

You can have the same exact converter in your car and have 5% slip when running 11.50 but may have 15% running 10.60. Stall and slip% change as you apply more power to it. You can reduce slip by shifting at a higher rpm. The same converter will slip more shifting at 5200 than it will at 5800. If a converter has 12% slip at 10.70 and you restall it to get slip into the 6-8% range for that power level, then back it back down to 11.50's, that converter will now be to tight. This is why a realistic and honest et goal is needed to properly spec a converter.

Tire size, weight and rear gear are 2 other variables that will effect slip %

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The car has the following mods:
Precision Te 6031 with Precision Ex. housing
3'' DP, gutted 3" converter, 3" exhaust
Stretched BGC intercooler
340 pump, hot wire kit, and volt booster
TT 5.7 93/110 chips
60# injectors
of course the PTC 2800
built 200 R with cooler
The M/T's are 255/60/15 on 8 inch Center Line wheels with even back and front spacing
All the little stuff like valve springs, K and N cone filter, timing chain and button, heated O2 kit, and a bunch of other little stuff I'm forgetting.
I've got an RJC plate that I'm about to put on along with a set of air bags for the rear.
It is currently set on 18# with 25* of timing, on straight 110. I'll slowly raise the boost up when I get my new plate on. It runs clean on the scan tool, locked on 0.0 nearly all the time.