You can type here any text you want

Installing fuel rail with injectors Q

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Got a set of new 42's from Racetronix, so took out my freshly powder coated fuelrail and installed the new injector harness from Caspers to make sure I have new clean and working parts.

Installed the new injectors (lubed the o-rings with the supplied silicon grease) in the fuel rail then installed the fuel rail (with the injectors) on the intake manifold.

Lined up all injectors and tried pushing them in place (all o-rings lubricated with the supplied silicon grease) but hard to push them down in the intake so ended up installing the bolts holding the fuel rail in place and torqued them down and that way the injectors got pushed in place looks like in the intake.

Is this enough or would I have to push them down further in the intake to make sure they wont leak?

hmmm they've always just poped in for me when just pushing with my hands. It normally helps to have 2 people, 1 on each side. As long as they made a kind of pop noise and the O-ring is sitting down inside the intake so you can't really see it you should be alright. Just pay close attention to it whenever you start it back up the first time and make sure they're not leaking.

I'd turn the fuel on an make sure ya didn't nick an "O" ring before ya get it all back together :cool:

Check for fuel leaks then check again and again! A local TTA bit the dust last year from a leaking injector! :( When I did mine on the GN last month I popped the injectors in first and then worked the fuel rail on the injectors. Worked pretty good. Just make sure you can spin them and they are well seated! You might be able to see how seated they should look from this pic Jan... CLICK HERE Those are 009 Racetronix injectors.

Thanks Guys, looks like they are down all the way as I can't see the o-ring anymore. No popping sound that I noticed but they all went down smoothly.

I'll take another look tomorrow and turn on some fuel and make sure there's no leaks.

Jim, same injectors I got from Racetronix. Took a look at all your pictures, freshly powder coated intake etc seems like you been busy this winter :cool: Got a similar nice setup on the shelf in my garage I was hoping to swap into my TTA when I do my engine up. By the way your headers and down pipe etc what did you do with them?

I powder coated it all! :) Sterling silver and glossy black power on everything on the top. I'm tired of trying to clean a greasy engine bay. The metal they used in those valve covers has to be the cheapest wanna be metal products ever! but.. now I can shoot some quick detail on the engine.. wipe it down.. and I'm good for the summer! I like to show and shine but I hate the work that comes with it! Anything to make it more easy is the way to go in my book! :D

My headers, downpipe, and everything back to the mufflers were done with cermatic coating. Came out nice. Some hot spots on the headers turn a little chalky with all that heat but again.. anything other then those nasty rusted looking headers is a improvement! Plus they polish right back up.

Just a fyi.. I used petroleum jelly on the o-rings when installing my injectors. I don't know what they give you with the injectors but that worked awesome for me!

Back