You can type here any text you want

Installing Hooker 2.5 System

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gninpa

Im putting this system on my car at work tomorrow and after reading the supplied directions have a couple questions. first, they mention drilling holes for new hangars, is this necessary? second, they recommend welding everything when done, is this necessary? mainly just want to know what i need to do in order to get this on the car besides just simple clamps and bolts

I put this system on my T type. I refused to drill holes in the frame. Instead, I bent 2 pieces of plate steel, slid them into the original hangers on the rear spring perches, and welded them to the pipes. I didn't do any other welding on the system. Just put clamps on the mufflers. It works fine, doesn't leak or anything.

good luck.......

I have a few miles on mine now with out welding. I would sugest you get it welded, as I will when I get the chance, but it is not absolutley nessesary. just keep an eye on it to make sure that your clamps don't come loose. I ended up drilling the holes in the frame. It's not a big deal but if you do not want to go ahead and set it up like TURBOTIMMER.

I think im gonna just drill the holes in the frame, but what about the other hangars they tlak about, the ones for the mufflers. are they necessary? because im not really sure i understand what they are trying to say about them. they say something about drilling holes in a cross frame brace or something, and i dont really see one......

I'm not big on drilling holes either (although I did for the tailpipes). There is a crossmember that falls right above the rear of the mufflers when you get them hanging that has a couple of perfectly placed holes for a universal hanger. By universal hanger I'm talking about the ones with about 6" of strap steel with adjustment holes and a swivel at the bottom. They work great. HTH

Back