Installing oil pressure gauge

87hottness1

I'm installing a oil pressure gauge what t has everyone used and do I have to remove the turbo feed line or can I remove just the factory sender and install the t and put the factory send and the gauge sender back in also what about clearing the bottom rad hose thanks for the help

unscrew the OE combo switch (fuel pump/low oil press idiot lamp)
you can run without that switch (many have eliminated it ) just that your fuel relay has to be operational and most have a hotwire so that relay never sees high current anymore so they tend to last longer
be sure to secure the old wires safely away so they dont ground out

screw in the gauge sender or use a tee (1/4 npt street ) and thread it in then reinstall the oe switch and the new gauge sender

you can run without that switch (many have eliminated it ) just that your fuel relay has to be operational and most have a hotwire so that relay never sees high current anymore so they tend to last longer

screw in the gauge sender or use a tee (1/4 npt street ) and thread it in then reinstall the oe switch and the new gauge sender
So I don't need to use a t and reinstall the factory sender ?won't the idiot light be on I do have a hotwire it just looks like it will be tight try to install a t and put both senders in that little space

below 4psi the OE switch will light the idiot , without the switch no idiot light

Where have people tied in for the electrical when it comes to these gauges? Do you only need electrical for lighting the gauges or do they need it in order to work?

you need switched 12v for the electric oil gauges,,for that push a female non insulated spade terminal into one of the the ign ports at the fuse panel (theres 3 ports on left side and 1 port in upper center

for the lamp theres a gray and black wire with a rubber socket hanging under the radio pod that feeds the console indicator lamp with buckets (or ashtray with bench) that can be used for the gauge illumination .. black is ground and grey is lamps (the dash dimmer controls brightness .. or if youperfer run a female spade wire to the "lmps" port at the fuseblock and run the ground to the 10mm grounding bolt at the dash (to the right of the driver courtesy lamp under the dash)

you need switched 12v for the electric oil gauges,,for that push a female non insulated spade terminal into one of the the ign ports at the fuse panel (theres 3 ports on left side and 1 port in upper center

for the lamp theres a gray and black wire with a rubber socket hanging under the radio pod that feeds the console indicator lamp with buckets (or ashtray with bench) that can be used for the gauge illumination .. black is ground and grey is lamps (the dash dimmer controls brightness .. or if youperfer run a female spade wire to the "lmps" port at the fuseblock and run the ground to the 10mm grounding bolt at the dash (to the right of the driver courtesy lamp under the dash)

Thx, wheres the best place to run the wires through the firewall for the sender?

No the Speedo cable comes in below the cluster. Take a look under the dash and you will see it.

Ok need some help asap I took my car out after installing new pressure gauge and the old sender wire got melted to my managed now I have no fuel pump where do I look

Fuel pump fuse. The original switch wiring has 12 volts in it and it shorted out when it melted. Make sure the melted wires are not touching anything else before you replace the fuse.

I bought the VDO oil pressure gauge that has a warning light.

Now how many wires go to the sender? My sender looks like there is only one stud that i sandwhich the wire between with a ring connector.

There doesnt appear to be another terminal so the wire thats supposed to be a dedicated ground for the sender where would i ground, just anywhere on the car?