Installing SD2 right now, need a little help

I don't mind doing it either way. I'd just like the correction to work.

If the base map is decent for my combo 97 BLM should be fine. My plan was to work on 1/2 throttle and below varying throttle position and driving conditions. Then work on the VE corrections if need be. Then move up slowly and see how the base map is handling my set up before I go WOT. I wanted to be fairly tuned high in to mid boost levels and get a feel for this chip before I go WOT or increase boost. Without correction I'm stuck.

Now that you have correction working you can start to adjust BLM cells 1, 5, 6, 7, and 8 with the goal on getting your correction to run closer to zero.

Preferably you want your correction to be on the negative side to be safer and more conservative. But still close to zero. -5 or -2 would be nice. But it will move around a lot!

Did you have a chance to take a look at my log? I went through it once and it looked pretty decent for just a base map. I've been too busy to really study it but I'll find some time this weekend.

Do I need to be hooked up to the PL and car powered on to see and adjust parameters? or can I load the file to a thumb drive and adjust it on a different computer then reload it? The reason I ask is I downloaded the log of the forum in my office and opened the tune tab to VE table and all I see is zero's. If this is true how can others look at my logs to give me some tips?

you need to be connected when you save the log, or it will not grab the ve table info.

tuning is strictly on-line at the moment. but you can save the tune info and off-line tune it with tunerpro, then re-upload it.

offline tuning is on my to-do list.

Bob

i looked it over briefly, and didn't see anything unusual. injector size and offset really affect the part throttle tuning, so use the BLM adjustments initially to tune in the basic driving, then we can look at fine-tuning stuff.

B

I see it pulling fuel at .042 to 0.70 TPS going 25 to 60 mph. The spots where it correcting (-10) is when I'm on flat ground. I took a route that had a few stops and hills and I can tell where I'm going up a small hill at that TPS range. The car leans out a bit.

To lean the car out at that TPS range it looks like I need to lower the number in cell 5. I also want to lean up the idle a bit so those 2 areas is what I'm going to focus on next.

Thanks for the help.

So far it looks like you could reduce BLM cell 1 to lessen the correction a bit, and reduce BLM cell 5 too.

Looks good, everything is working.

When you eventually work your way up towards BLM cells 7 and 8 you will probably find that those need to be increased, and you may need to get into the VE table at that point.

Went to lower my injector offset from 26 to 24 and I can't get the software to let me put in more than one number. I need 24 but can only enter 2 not the second number. Any ideas?

generally speaking, with respect to injector size and offset. your VE at idle should wind up between 40 (stock cam) and 50 (bigger street cam), if it is outside of that then you should look at the offset and size and get them set right.

injector size affects fueling everywhere, offset is much more a factor at idle.

Bob

I let the car warm up and watched VE table while running. I set it to 50 in that area where the ball was moving. Just a guess but the car liked it. I set blm 5 to 126 them 124 to get correction in check at cruise speed. The car runs excellent. Nice and crisp off idle etc. Made my first 3rd gear pull WOT today. Logged it but haven't looked yet. I'm running minimum boost possible and it seems to haul a$$. I think boost may have spiked to 16 17. No KR. Pretty happy so far

Here's a log after adjustments. First WOT 3rd gear pull on new motor. For some reason I can't see correction on the graph? Doesn't give me the option in the drop down box. Have to watch it in the tune page. I could see correction in the graph when I was driving. Wierd

I loaded that file. Why did it command my MAF display option to 512 (extender chip)???? Do you have that set wrong??
BTW, when I played the file back, I can see AFR correction on the graph screen.

I loaded that file. Why did it command my MAF display option to 512 (extender chip)???? Do you have that set wrong??
BTW, when I played the file back, I can see AFR correction on the graph screen.

I don't know? All my other logs command SD2 when loaded. Not sure why this log is different. I'll double check when I plug in to the car next time. I didn't make any changes in chip settings on purpose. Maybe I bumped it by accident. Would it log properly if I had it in the extender setting?

I can see correction now. What in the world. I couldn't see it on my laptop last night nor my desk computer this morning. I'm not drunk I swear.