Installing SD2 right now, need a little help

BARRACUDA1968

I have the 2.5.2 software verified. I haven't tried to start the car yet. I'm a number 9 in the directions stating to set parameter 16 to 1. I tried that and hit enter. It still shows 128 so I stopped.

I can't remember if I ever flashed it with PL044. I did some searching on Erics sight and didn't find this file.

Can someone tell me how to check if I have this already installed and if not how do I get the file and install it.

Many thanks

connect to the PL (F8), so that you are receiving data, go to the F1 page and click the info button, you will see both the PLC version and the PL version.

you need to be plugged into the PL, and the key needs to be on for the param reset to work.

Bob

since this is the first setup, the params probably reset themselves, how does the BLM grid look?

B

128 099 099 099
128 128 128 128
000 000 128 160
128 010 254 000

I got the file loaded before the first reply and started car. Runs fine. I have no AFR correction the graph. VE tables working fine etc.

What do I need to change if anything

Just throwing this out there.
I had a wire connected to D11 for the extender chip that prevented correction from kicking in.

A good place to start is reading through the instructions and getting familiar with all the parameters.

Just throwing this out there.
I had a wire connected to D11 for the extender chip that prevented correction from kicking in.
I vaguely remember that.... was that the wire that went to the light switch or something? I think I have a vestigial wire on my car still for that....

Cuda, if you want closed loop you have to configure BLM cells 2, 3, 4 accordingly.

BLM cells 1, 5, 6, 7, 8 are great for "roughing in" the calibration to start with, but you're gonna have to go into the VE table to really tune the car.

Make sure your boost is set as low as possible to start with cus the tune is going to need work to get it close.

Also, very critical that your MAP is powered with clean 5V from the ECM TPS power. The stock dirty 5V from the dash cluster will make the car run like crap.

I did some reading on the BLM cell's sitting in the car. 99 is not the correct setting for closed loop so I changed it to 97. Still no correction.

I spoke with Bo Evan's and I could try setting parameter's to 10.0 plus in the idle/cruise/WOT BLM's to achieve the target AFR but I believe I still need correction right? I haven't tried that yet but I can't see why it would work if 9.7 didn't work.

I have a Razor alky kit so I believe the Map is piggy backed off the TPS. I have an adapter harness there. I did not install it on the car.

I am using block 1 and 2 on the PL grid. I can't remember which is which but I did install the PL. I believe one is boost and the other is my WB. They should be correct because I can log both.

I know I can use the BLM's to tune but I bought the Chip so I can use the VE tables using auto tune off WB.

I have been using a similar program on my Harley for years and I get it. Once I get familiar with the SD2 I feel I can tune the car much better with target AFR's and VE tables. I don't want it close I want it spot on.

What am I missing here? Do I need to unhook the NB 02? Do I not have something set right? I posed 3 logs someone hopefully will read them and point me in the right direction.

I didn't really expect this to go perfect on the first go around so I'm willing to work through it. The car runs fine but I want to be able to use all features of this chip.

Not sure if you can see my BLM's in the logs I posted so maybe they won't help?

Last edited:
Which cells did you set to 97? Also, as mentioned earlier, make sure there is no wire in the D11 spot at the ECM from a previous Extender chip install.

Make a log driving around with how you currently have it set up. Maybe we can see what's preventing closed loop.

Make sure cells 2,3 and 4 are all set to 97, then the system will use the target air fuel table. But... the car has to get warmed up first before it'll drop into closed loop and track the AFR table.
You also mentioned in your post# 12 the following: "I bought the Chip so I can use the VE tables using auto tune off WB". I hope you're not thinking that the SD2 system has some sort of auto learn feature, because it doesn't. You'll need to make logs, look at the correction values and make the needed changes to the VE table manually.
It takes time and lots of logging, but if you work at it you can have a car that runs as perfect as mine.

I'll be able to look at your logs later today. As mentioned set BLMs 2, 3, 4 to 97 and drive around a bit. Get a recording of that.

Keep your narrowband connected its useful to help validate your wideband readings.

Yes, definately keep the narrowband hooked up. At some point as you learn the system, you may want to turn the narrowband tracking feature on. When turned on the system tracks the narrowband during CRUISE loads. It's amazing how perfectly it works and holds the AFR at stoicheometric for best fuel mileage.

Thanks for the replies.

I did set cells 2. 3. 4. to 97 still no correction. The car was warmed up and I did go for a drive. I posted a log.

I knew the system wasn't self learning but it needs the wideband correction active so I can see the correction in the VE table.

How warm does the car need to be? If I watch the scanmaster I rarely get over 160.

Which cells did you set to 97? Also, as mentioned earlier, make sure there is no wire in the D11 spot at the ECM from a previous Extender chip install.

Make a log driving around with how you currently have it set up. Maybe we can see what's preventing closed loop.

I had a 5.7 chip in before and no wire to D11. I have a log posted earlier with me driving.

Never mind on the driving log. I just checked it and something went wrong. It didn't record it. I ended up with a short idling log somehow.

Last edited:
Brett has already went through a couple of motors (not his fault) and just needs guidance on how to get his car tuned to 15psi for now. I really dont think he needs the VE table learning curve, so I think he should set the BLM #'s to what ever target AFR above 100 and go from there. The auto correct should still work with anything above 100. It does with mine. We are talking about getting him going, not fine tuning yet.

If that doesnt get the AFC working then IDK.
IIRC, my car shows AFC at even the slightest temperature, I could be wrong tho. I am putting heads on , so I cant verify at the moment.