You can type here any text you want

Instrument panel flex board replaced

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
I had a charging issue with the alt. To get rid of it I not only put a resistor wire in line to the alternator but replaced the flex board on back. Truly a very nice piece.

Attachments

• 20151027_171134.jpg
    20151027_171134.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 119
  • 20151027_171149.jpg
    20151027_171149.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 109
I am thinkingof doing that to Toby. Nice job. Can you explain the resistor wire. Thanks

Yea I put a 1k ohm resistor right in line to the brown wire to the alt. I supplied the other side of the resistor 12v switch power. This way regardless if I have an issue with anything in the cabin I excite the alternator and not lose voltage

Is this what caspers does if you send it out to them? I dont have any dash lights,already replaced light switch and dimmer,which was not any help,wondering if this might help.

No this is a flex paper type piece that you buy outright and replace...very easy. I got mine from GBP since he has stock of them

I believe caspers sells the flex board Toby is using. The board is supposed to eleminate the need for the field fix kit if the volt light burns out. It allows the alternator to keep charging. There was a light with resistor available at one time but it has become hard to find. I believe Caspers sold all he had.

Back