You can type here any text you want

intake gasket

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

micknick1

what gasket is the best one to use with a Bowling Green Intake? 1200 or the tin one that covers the lifter valley?

I am going to use the Felpro 1200's for my BGC intake. I am also going to use the stock metal intake gasket and cut off the intake port section on each side, so that I can use the 1200's. Then use the valley pan from the one that I cut up to keep oil off the bottom of the intake. I got this idea from searching the archives on here. (thanks to whomever) Also did you modify your water ports on your BGC intake, the ports are too small? This will help keep your H2O temps down (I have pics of how I did mine if you need them. :)

I dont know the difference in a BG intake but with stockers I like the Victor Reinze.

You can get somewhat of an idea in the differences between both intakes, this is just the port area.

2Intakes.png

I would go with the TA performance version of the 1200.

its slighty smaller and requires less port matching. because the 1200s are realatively large for a stock 8445.

A.j.

Back