You can type here any text you want

intake gaskets, to valley pan or not ?? :)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo john FL

ITS ONLY A SIX SHOOTER
was wondering about what to do with my intake minifold . run the one piece with valley pan or just the 2 separate intake gaskets . i ask because of a lot of talk of the turbo drain , draining on top of the valley pan and getting sucked up in the pcv valve . which seems possible as there is not much room from the top of pan to where the pcv valve sits ???? thanks for input guys

I would've thought the valley pan style gasket would actually help to reduce oil carry over through the PCV since it blocks all the splash from the cam and lifters.

yes i agree, but have seen posts about guys saying the oil drain from turbo is up about where it can run on top of the valley pan and get right under the pcv valve ,and some guys saying they where putting holes in the valley pan right below where the pvc valve is to let oil drain out or off the the top of the pan ?? figured thats why i would ask before putting this beast back together :)

You need the aluminum tray that sits between the heads ... sits on the block where the intakes seals would go if we didn't throw them in trash.

Back