You can type here any text you want

Intake manifold epoxy?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
I see alot of stage intake manifolds with epoxy in the runners or plenum area quite often. What is this stuff (name brands and such), and is it a safe thing to do? Does that stuff ever break loose and go into a motor?

Also could it be used to make the intake ports smaller in a pair of stage heads?

Also does any body know a link to a place that sells that kind of stuff.

TIA: Jason

Many years ago I had the floor of my intake done with the epoxy coating. I found that after about 3 or 4 years the stuff would lift or crack and have to be redone. After a couple of times we quit doing it for fear of a piece coming loose. I don't know the brand name of the stuff.

Maybe over the years the stuff has improved but I have never used it since.

Good Luck

Just finishing putting together a 352 SBC for Robbie Ward for Magnafuel that had a bunch in the manifold and heads and it broke out on the dyno. It made a big mess. Don't do it!!!!!

Thanks for the input. I now have a TIG welder and had a few ideas. The epoxy seamed like a good idea to try some thing and then remove and weld up instead if I liked the results. Maybe just going staight to the welder would be the best bet.

Jason

Back