integra

boostin

Last night my mom let me drive to and from class in her '87 GN. I don't have my license yet so she went with me (I'm 16 but I need to have my permit for 5 months total before I can get my license. I have to wait 1 week). The boost was set at 13#, for some reason no matter how far I screw in the arm on the wastegate, the boost doesn't change.:confused:

Anyway, on the way back, I came to a stoplight all by myself. The lanes merged about 200 yards beyond the stoplight. For some reason the light stayed red for several minutes even thought there was no cross traffic. I see headlights behind me, and all of a sudden, this blue Integra is sitting next to me. This is at night, but I can see rims, a body kit, etc in the glow of the streetlights. I rev the GN to 3000, just to see what the two teenage guys in the 'teg will do. They both looked over, then laughed. The driver revved his car, it was an earsplitting fart pipe...

The passenger rolls down his window and I do the same. Just to be a dork I say, "One race. 2G buy-in." They look at me like I'm crazy, then out of the corner of me eye I see the cross traffic lanes get the yellow light. I don't even try boost off the line; when the light turns green, I floor it. For the first 1/2 of the intersection, they have me by a good 1/2 length. The passenger yells "Your momma's my b****" then the boost kicks in. :D We blow by them faster than the stupid smirks on their faces could disappear into looks of horror. :eek: I don't let off until well past 85, I have several bus lengths on them. All of a sudden, he starts to gain on me...I slow down and turn at the next light. They follow. I go the speed limit (45) and they come up alongside me. Neither of them looks over, but he starts honking his horn. I had watched street racing videos and knew what to do. I floored it and we immediately picked up boost. They were staying closer to me (about 3 lengths back) but it looked like some white vapor was coming from below their engine :confused: ???

I turned again and they didn't follow. The only player this time was a red 6cyl camaro vert driven by a woman who sped up every time I tried to get in front of her to turn. (2 lanes) Finally I floored it and left her with a very confused look on her face.

I want a GN...!!!

Nice kill man. The white vapor you saw could have been a purge valve for nitrous, probably the reason they started to gain on you. Keep showing those ricers what a real car can do and good luck on getting a GN.

dang your mom lets you race w/her in the car? you got a cool mom. way to show those rice driving faggots what a real car is. hopefully they are too stubborn to realize and go buy a GN that way there will be more for you when you get one :D thats funny that you blew by them after saying that although i would probably have slowly started to shift to their lane and run their car off the road LOL:cool:

I used to race with my mom, she didnt know any better till she saw the speedometer one day :D, then I scared her by doing some donuts in the SS :p , she never lets me drive her in my cars only her Tahoe and my dad never lets me drive his truck cause he knows "how I am" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by boostin
The passenger yells "Your momma's my b****" then the boost kicks in.

That was really nice of him to say. I don't know what's with these miscreants of society. Even kidding around, it ain't funny. This kind of sh!t I would expect from an upclose and personal on one of the boyz from the hood.

I don't know what it is man. I have this deep distain for today's youth, I can't really explain it. I know this is completely off track from this post, so forgive me. I love a good race as much as the next guy. I just can't stand it when these sh!tstains flip the bird and yell crap like that at you. It goes deeper than just a car race to me. That dude is the essence of Fast and Furious a-wipes. I hate to categorize people for fear of insulting anyone, but honestly, the flanel wearing, pot smoking burnout drug addicts of my 70's youth, to me, were better people than the backward cap wearing, shoot your teacher for failing you teenagers of today. Todays youth is so much more misguided than any other generation of kids I can remember. If my son ever said that to anyone and I heard about it, forget it man. Although he's only two and a half. :p

When I was a kid, any reference to a family member was taboo. It meant certain fist-a-cuffs and missing teeth. Make fun of me all you want. Make fun of family, and bleed. People respected that. They don't anymore. And the scary thing is that this kind of scumbag talk is actually the norm for todays youth. It disgusts me. I will raise my children to be the absolute antiphrases of these jackoffs. Ok, pour me a drink now. :mad:

Great kill by the way dude. :D

i agree w/you 100% Ken. im 17 and i have to go to school w/these kinds of fags everyday:rolleyes: It seems almost every kid who drives rice these days are a$$holes b/c they think their fart-canned, winged-out Hon-duh is the fastest thing ever built. hopefully a dose of TR power will shut them up but its unlikely. they never will learn. its like my dad always says, "Some people are born stupid and others have to work at it":cool:

I've gotten that attitude before from ricers, most of them respect my Mustang - in fact nobody wants to race me anymore:( partly due to the fact that they saw me "smoke" a z/28 (dude couldn't shift) and partly due to the fact that I have glasspacks bolted to my headers, no exhaust pipe, just a turndown built into the muffler. need to replace my radiator though! along with a few other things, my car self destructed the other night. If I have to replace the engine I'm putting in a turbo 3.8...my dad will never notice its gone from the Buick...right?

Nobody thinks the Buick is a threat though. In the mustang, I came up alongside a jacked up Chevy truck with euro tails. He kept rolling forward a bit at a time like he was going to race me for the merge. He didn't look over until I revved to 5800rpm, he had a :( look on his face. He didn't try to race.
The very next day I came upon the very same truck doing the very same thing at the very same intersection, except I was in the Buick. I didn't rev but he did look over. He tried to race...lol. buh-bye!

I'm sick of the ricer attitude that exhaust (translation: fart pipe w/LEDs) and intake (translation: CAI) will give them 100hp to the wheels....

I'm glad I'm not the only one with fire in my belly over these modern youths. The sad thing is, no matter where you go, there they are. It's like a damn plague or a flea infestation. From Maine to Oregon and from Texas to Minnesota, they are everywhere. Can't we just buy a ricer misfit pest fogger and de-louse the whole country at one time? :p

Originally posted by turbo buicks
i agree w/you 100% Ken. im 17 and i have to go to school w/these kinds of fags everyday:rolleyes: It seems almost every kid who drives rice these days are a$$holes b/c they think their fart-canned, winged-out Hon-duh is the fastest thing ever built. hopefully a dose of TR power will shut them up but its unlikely. they never will learn.

Well, don't go telling them about the power of the Darkside. I don't want to pull up besides any ricers who knows he's about to get smoked. If they know what a turbo Buick is, then I doubt they'll be willing to lay any money on the line. And if you reduce my money-making potential, I will have to hunt you down and kill you.

excellent kill!!
I was born in the wrong era! (im 18) i cant stand everyone today of my age driving their civics or what not with a big fart can and a wing because they need help on their 120 HP lawn mower engine FWD POS to get traction ah makes me laugh sometimes
anyways keep killin the rice mobiles

Yo Mama's so . . .

I feel the need to chime in here. I read what was said about talking about people's family members being taboo. Times have certainly changed in that regard. I saw a T shirt a guy had on the other day that said, "Tell your mom I said thanks". I laughed my butt off. That's funny! My best friend and I (12 yrs) throw mama jokes at each other whenever. The thing is, we both know each other's parents and in reality are not putting them down. I have the utmost respect for his parents. The same is true for him toward mine. It's simply all a matter of perspective. And if you all see my friend's mama, tell her I miss her!:D

Originally posted by gnquick6
i cant stand everyone today of my age driving their civics or what not with a big fart can and a wing

Maybe they can't stand you either.

Re: Yo Mama's so . . .

Originally posted by 87GNTurboTTop
I feel the need to chime in here. I read what was said about talking about people's family members being taboo. Times have certainly changed in that regard. I saw a T shirt a guy had on the other day that said, "Tell your mom I said thanks". I laughed my butt off. That's funny! My best friend and I (12 yrs) throw mama jokes at each other whenever. The thing is, we both know each other's parents and in reality are not putting them down. I have the utmost respect for his parents. The same is true for him toward mine. It's simply all a matter of perspective. And if you all see my friend's mama, tell her I miss her!:D

Whatever floats your boat. But I think it's quite obvious this kid didn't know the other kid's mother, since the kids didn't know each other to begin with. There is nobody on this planet that goofs on people more than me. Just ask any of my friends. But if I leaned out my window and said Yo momma's my bitch as I pulled away and you didn't get angry or want to kick my ass, then I would say you are a better person than me or you need your head examined. By the way, I'm only 39, it's not like I'm from the Leave it to Beaver era. I know times have changed, but they didn't change enough to make it socially acceptable to make comments like Yo mama's my bitch to someone you don't know.

Originally posted by lyonsd
Maybe they can't stand you either.

thats fine they dont need to :D

actually many of my friends drive rice they know my view on it its my opinion they dont take it personally many of them dont like older muscle cars like i do oh well

Remember that these kids have voting privileges and may decide to excercise them. Rice and front wheel drive in general is basically a result of the Federal Gov. and heavy handed emissions/ fuel mileage mandates. These kids and other adults in many cases dont even know to despise wrong wheel drive. . But yes, there is a big difference in America from just 18 or so years ago. Just compare music of the two eras. MTV or empTV and a liberal media are writing the blank slates of the young minds today. If pharttipped hondas are more cool to the teen males of today than old musclecars then I am truly worried. It could be serious. Baggy pants SUCK.

I don't think he said it in fun...anyway, I did kick his ass (racing) so I guess I'm no better than him ;)

hopefully a dose of TR power will shut them up but its unlikely. they never will learn.

actually they NEVER learn. i remember putting n/a buick V6 power to task on a hon-duh once that had all kinds of go fast goody names on it and after i beat it THREE times in a row it wanted to have a fourth go around with me. i didnt beat him by half a car length, it was more like 4-5 and i never had to go above the speed limit, at least this was before the fly-by became popular or he would have done that the second time around. or course after the 4th light he wanted to make a turn. lol guess he felt he got his revenge even after i decided to stop playing with him. it was funny though, he did the classic leaning towards the steering thinking this will make the car go faster and of course he tried the letting it wind out to 8000 RPM before shifting thinking getting into his cars torque curve would help. his looks were priceless, i'd look over and laugh and he'd look over and give me dirty looks.

i'm not proud to make ignorant people who dont know any better look stupid but this guy had it coming to him, he had been challenging me for some time. after the three times in a row incident i didnt see his car very often after that. i guess grandma's grocery getter beating your "hot rod" makes you rethink your plan of attack on the street.

i have another story with several incidents about an orange prelude that i might share another time. he was even more stupid.