You can type here any text you want

Intercooler cleaning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Hi!

I have searched on this site to find wich performance gains you get to clean your intercooler...

I am kinda desperate lol.... Must go down from 8.25 in 1/8 to 8.11 until sunday...

So, anyone that have tested to drive the intercooler clean on track vs a dirty intercooler ?

Do you notice any performance changes at all in "daily driving" ?

Daniel

IF your intercooler is already clean, like it was meant to be, you will get no gains.

You should probably clean out your intercooler once a year anyway. The only way your gonna see gains is if a turbo blew and there is a ton of oil in the intercooler that could possibly be lowering the octane of your gas.

If you need performance gains, either timing or more boost, pick one.

Well... if there is a bit of oil in it, then the air temps will be higher right ?

Higher temps does makes a slower car, thats my theory.

The thing is, last year did I run 92 mph in 1/8 at 8.39, this year did I run 87 mph at 8.25. I had a 60 feet that was 0.14 better this year than last... Where has the mph went ? Just wonder...

Can a small leak in the maf pipe causes boost problems ? It dont seems like I can go higher than 22 psi (according to a VDO boost gauge that may leak..)

I was at track last week. First run I made a 85.4 mph trap... I ended up to turn up the timing in 1/2 gear with 1.3 degrees and 3/4 gear with 1 degree. I dont know how much I turned up the boost (probably it didnt work that good, I think it was at least 2-3 psi... according to the WG). After that I runned a best of 87.4 mph.
Does that sound normal or is it to less gain for the mods I did ?

Daniel

Back