Intercooler fan??

SilverSleeper

Well, it happened... awhile ago actually.
Brackets got loose and the plastic fan got chewed up and is toast. Fortunately the stock i.c survived the mess.

2 Main ?s.
How beneficial is the stock scoop to the stock i/c, and would it work better without it now that my i/c fan is gone..

Would it work if I can mount an electric fan on the stock i/c? It would have to be on the front because there just isnt room behind it, so I wouldnt be able to use the scoop anyway. (or would I?)

Thanks for the help.

You definately want the scoop. Under speed it helps to get lower cooler air forced across the I/C. I would just replace the the stock fan. This seems to function excellent into the 10's.

The stock scoop is very important for getting cool air through your i/c and is unrelated to whether or not you have an i/c fan.

As for the fan there are many here that run without it. I'm not sure it does that much once the car is moving because at that point your "scooping" air through the i/c not "pulling" it through with the fan. I run the i/c fan cause I have one. Last time I checked you could still get a new one from GM.

I have a stock fan if you need it

I have a stock fan in good condition if you're still looking for a replacement. Send me an email if your interested.

Thanks