You can type here any text you want

Intercoolers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Looking to improve the air flow to my engine without going overboard. Don't have any times on the car but thought of maybe an 11 second car.

I've noticed some prefer FMIC, some SLIC stretched, some SLIC with a Dutt neck. Wondering if the Dutt Neck SLIC would be the best bang for the buck?

dutt neck is a nice upgrade, i run one in my car. BUT i have a gbodyparts slic that im debating on installing, not sure yet. if interested in either one, pm me, maybe we could work something out.

buickbert

Looking to improve the air flow to my engine without going overboard. Don't have any times on the car but thought of maybe an 11 second car.

I've noticed some prefer FMIC, some SLIC stretched, some SLIC with a Dutt neck. Wondering if the Dutt Neck SLIC would be the best bang for the buck?

with the limited bolt ons you have on your car I would not even bother messing with the intercooler yet.

I have to disagree. The stock IC is a big restriction. Even stepping up to a Dutt neck IC will be a big improvement. You have the Alky to cool the charge so you dont need to get to crazy(I.E. FMIC) But you do need to free up air flow.

Dutt neck or a SLIC strecth from one of our vendors is all you ever need until you start doing major mods and spend ALOT of time at the track.

A good SLIC will get you to your goals with ease. Even if you go with the Duttneck, it will be noticeable improvement on the car.

Absolutely: A stretch SLIC will give you a difference you'll feel in the seat of your pants. Be certain to keep track of your F/A ratio, 'cause it will lean out with the increased airflow. While you're at it- get an RJC Powerplate to even the flow into the cylinders. Another bang-for-the-buck option would be adding a Dutt Neck kit to your intercooler, and buying an alky kit/chip. Those mods would increase/cool your flow and allow you to add timing/boost without having to use race gas, for about the same $$ as a stretch SLIC.

While you're at it- get an RJC Powerplate to even the flow into the cylinders. Another bang-for-the-buck option would be adding a Dutt Neck kit to your intercooler, and buying an alky kit/chip. Those mods would increase/cool your flow and allow you to add timing/boost without having to use race gas, for about the same $$ as a stretch SLIC.

Notice most of the stuff you just mentioned are in my "mods" signature. :wink:

I've already got those bases covered. Just I thought it might be about time to go with a little more air flow from the turbo to the intake.

Be certain to keep track of your F/A ratio, 'cause it will lean out with the increased airflow.

Is this for anytime you step up the air flow a tad? For example if I put the Dutt neck on my stock intercooler would this be an issue?

Is this for anytime you step up the air flow a tad? For example if I put the Dutt neck on my stock intercooler would this be an issue?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. I just barely scanned your sig earlier(obviously):rolleyes: Another sign of old age!

I still say if he is only looking to run high 11s there is no need to upgrade the intercooler... maybe put a dutt neck on it but other then that I dont really see the point...

although there are plenty of cars on this board that have the parts to run mid tens yet they cant even seem to break into the low 11s...

i installed the gbody slic yesterday (got bored) so if your interested in a stocker with a clean welded dutt neck lemme know.

buickbert

buickbert how much you asking? what do the welds look like?

When is it ideal to upgrade from the stock IC?

ill send you some pics of it when i get home from work this afternoon, the weld looks good, alot better then how i weld:biggrin:

buickbert

gbody slic

i installed 1 last year love it was simple,nice seat of pants improvement, very good looking piece!

Back