You can type here any text you want

Interesting comment..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
over on the turbo forums.
Here's a comment on possible issues with WB sensors and E85...

"A blown/turbo app will easily use .7lbs/per hp on a safe tune w/ e85. I know there was a few bad Bosch O2's going around...we only saw one and we have quite a few systems out there...but thermal shock (water/condensation) will klill em pretty quick. "...

I know there was a few bad Bosch O2's going around...we only saw one and we have quite a few systems out there...but thermal shock (water/condensation) will klill em pretty quick. "..

I'm almost positive my Bosch WB is going wacky, been in for about 2 years on e85 and last time out it was over correcting and running pig-rich (6.1 chip)
I can't take the gamble on the $50 sensor no more...XFI going in.

And with the XFI you will have the same gambling on a $50 sensor.

And with the XFI you will have the same gambling on a $50 sensor.

The sensor included with the XFI costs around $250 and can handle more heat/stress then a common Bosch sensor which makes me feel a little better.
But I agree, we will always rely on a single sensor short of turning it off and relying on a near perfect fuel table.

Here's a f/u on this thread. Seems that the Holley system has a "trik" safety feature. Some may be aware of, many likely not.

I had heard that the Bosch sensor may not last on a turbo application but I was thinking more that 2 passes, mine went out mid way through the 3rd pass. I do know that the Holley EFI has a safety "system" to keep you from burning down your motor but there is nowhere on the web site or in the user manual that explains how the system works, also there is nowhere in the data logs that show that the shut down was active or anything, I can't find anywhere to turn this system on or off. The safety shut off system is an awesome deal and I love having it but we need to know how it works and how to work it. My O2 went out during my 3rd pass on June 20th evident by the two "pops" from the exhaust followed by some crazy info in the data logs, crazy high injector duty cycles that correspond with massive amounts of fuel delivery but AFR readings that say lean. The way I finally came across this was after many hours leading to a very late night scrapping the Turbo Forums and YB archives. After finding out that my car ran "OK" with the TPS sensor disconnected and then found that the car ran fine with the TPS connected but the WBO2 disconnected, I went into the software and disabled the closed loop function and found that the car ran great! My WBO2 was reading lean and the hotter it got the leaner it read so when I would drive it and get it under boost, it would read lean, the closed loop system would try to add fuel but the exhaust gas temps are rising super fast so it reads leaner yet adding more fuel and the closed loop basically couldn't keep up so the safety system "sees" this as a problem and activates the fuel rev limiter hence why in all my previous posts I would explain the problem as "studdering" more so than breaking up.

What about the NGK 24302 sensor? It's supposed to be better than the Bosch.

Back