Interior Swaps....

hboost

Banned
Has anyone swapped the bench seats in a Limited to something else, maybe another bench style from another GM car??? I'm tired of having pillow seats!!!!! :mad:

hboost said:
Has anyone swapped the bench seats in a Limited to something else, maybe another bench style from another GM car??? I'm tired of having pillow seats!!!!! :mad:

But they (pillow seats) are comfy...

seats from any G body will interchange, as I posted in another thread

HI85WH1 said:
But they (pillow seats) are comfy...

UGLY THOUGH........ :p Any front drive, full size GM through the present will bolt right in. Just need to find something you like. I did. Buick Park Av.

Attachments

• GN interior 2.jpg
    GN interior 2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 982
Red Regal T said:
UGLY THOUGH........ :p Any front drive, full size GM through the present will bolt right in. Just need to find something you like. I did. Buick Park Av.

I guess I'm a traditionalist...

do those seats bolt in using the G body tracks?

In order to keep my GN console, what you see is actually two passenger seats from a Park AV. Practically all, full size, GM front drives use a 60/40 like in your car. They will bolt right in. I have the 60/40 Park Av seats in my Red T. Check my webshots in my signature.

I think I have something perfect for my car, 93 Cadillac Fleetwood seats; in BURGUNDY, I think they'll match perfect, and from what you guys say; they should bolt right in, right??? :biggrin:

Fleetwood is rear drive. However, just measure the distance between the legs on your TR. Probably will be the same, but make sure.

John, he said bench, not split bench. Did the Limited's only come with the split bench? I thought that the true bench seat cars did not get the mounting pads/studs next to the transmission tunnel since they only needed the ones next to the doors. If he has a true bench seat then he's stuck unless he fabs up his own mounts, right?

Ya know Carl, I don't know whether those leather pillow style Limited seats were split or not. All later stuff is split, so I don't think you'd have any choice but to install the transmission tunnel studs. ;)

I've got two Regals with the 45/45 leather and the seats are split...HTH

The pillow style only came on spilt benches. Your good to go with anything you want to put in there.

BTW The 93 Fleetwood is probally the FWD version which will be the same as the FWD Park Ave. The RWDs are properly called Broughams. And those RWD seats will bolt in to, tracks and all. My personal favorites are those infinitly adjustable buckets out of a 96 and later Bonneville SSEI. Impossible to find in gray for some reason.

Full bench to split/bucket seats

ijames said:
John, he said bench, not split bench. Did the Limited's only come with the split bench? I thought that the true bench seat cars did not get the mounting pads/studs next to the transmission tunnel since they only needed the ones next to the doors. If he has a true bench seat then he's stuck unless he fabs up his own mounts, right?
This is true as I've found out with our plain-Jane 85' Regal wife's driver. :eek: I bought a pair of early 90's Regal custom 64/40-55/45, whatever, at a boneyard only to discover the Regal didn't have the tranny tunnel pads. These seats are 6-way power driver's with manual recline & manual passenger with recline.

Back to the boneyard I went with my cordless drill, some bits & a few pry bars in search of an 84-87 Regal with 60/40's. If you drill out the spot welds from the tunnel pads, they come up cleanly & easily.

My plan is to bolt the pads to the seat rails, set them in & mark everything. I don't weld, so I'll (carefully) braze the pads onto the tunnel supports. I really don't want to drill & bolt through the floorpan. Should be strong enough with the factory outer pads spot welded. The only other thing is that I'll either have to shorted the seat rail mounting holes by about 1/2" OR fab another bolt into the existing outer pads.

Once fitted, the wife & her mother will re-upholster them to whatever makes her happy. Anything to stop the whining about how she loves the Regal but hates the backward tilting bench seat! :rolleyes:

Red Regal T said:
Ya know Carl, I don't know whether those leather pillow style Limited seats were split or not. All later stuff is split, so I don't think you'd have any choice but to install the transmission tunnel studs. ;)

Nice seats. Question, do these seats fold forward for passengers to get in the back? You stated earlier that they are passenger seats from a Park Avenue... Exactly what year? I noticed that you are using the rear seats also. Did you have to modify to use? Thanks for all the good information. I have followed your cars and they are truly unique, and most importantly you have your own style :cool:

Chuck

cwmccray said:
Nice seats. Question, do these seats fold forward for passengers to get in the back? You stated earlier that they are passenger seats from a Park Avenue... Exactly what year? I noticed that you are using the rear seats also. Did you have to modify to use? Thanks for all the good information. I have followed your cars and they are truly unique, and most importantly you have your own style :cool:

Chuck

Hey, thanks for the kind words. I hope some of my ideas can be helpful to my friends on the board. The seat backs only come up to vertical. Plenty of room to slide yourself into the back. Seats are from a 91 Park Av. If you want to retain a console, you must get the passenger side from two different cars. On my TType, I also have the 91 seats. I did eliminate the console, and used the front seats from one car. Unfortunately, other years have practically the same style, but they embroidered "Park Avenue" on the center seat back insert. The back seats are a couple inches wider and push into place without modification. You can bolt down the vertical seat back where the rear seat belts bolt. The seat part fits snugly in place. It doesn't move, but it's not fastened in.

Attachments

• Black Int. 2.JPG
    Black Int. 2.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 716
cwmccray said:
Nice seats. Question, do these seats fold forward for passengers to get in the back?

Maybe use the seats from a 93-05 ElDorado? I'm thinking if anything you could always swap the cushions and trim over onto the Eldo seat frames if you want them to tilt foward.

Hows this for resurrecting an old thread. Speaking of Limited Pillow seats, we have many options from different cars as far as different seats go on this thread.

What I would like to know is, What other 80's GM cars had the same 'Exact" Pillow seat design, that are found in the 84-87 Regal Limiteds? I only know of the 84-87 GP and Cutlass Broughams. Any ideas? I like the newer grey ParkAve ones in the pics (in the earlier post) but I would like to keep my Limited original looking. Mine are wearing here and there and I dont want the aftermarket leather covers.

hello everyone... new here. i see that i am also resurrecting an old thread but i was wondering if 90s and/or 2000s monte carlo seats would bolt right into an 81 regal. i see one member said any gm full size fwd seats would work (and while i wouldnt consider the MC full size, i thought they would share similar dimensions as the regals).

also, i found a few threads briefly mentioning changing instrument clusters. no other clusters from cars on the same platform can easily be swapped (again, specifically about 1981 regals)?