Interior Trim Paint Help???????

canukhemi

just bought a new upper dash panel ( it came blue from GM) i need to paint it? SEM paint seems to be the best.... but i can't seem to find a match? Kirbans sells it but i live in Canada and the duty will kill me if i get it shipped. Can anyone help me with a exact paint code or ??? I have a 86 T with the grey interior.? please send pics or paint codes or suppliers? DT :confused: :confused:

Look for SEM Presidio 15163. I just ordered a can myself for my t-top trim. I'm not in Canada, but I'm sure you can find someone up there with the stuff.

Jim

SEM Presidio 15163 is no where near the factory gray. I picked up a few cans to do my new dash top and it's not even close! :mad: Anyone have the correct gray paint for the dash?? Here are some pics of how off it is...

PaintMatch.jpg

PaintMatch1.jpg

PaintMatch2.jpg

Nice avatar Turbo5 :biggrin:

Dupli-color
Vinyl&fabric paint
vs11
charcoal grey vinyl

bar code # 26916 34011 space 5

That matches one hellovalot better than the crap you just painted on..

I would do this.
Paint the underside the wrong color, let it dry...
Go out and buy the new paint, and TEST IT ON THE BACK SIDE OVER THE WRONG COLOR to make sure the new paint doesnt LIFT the old paint off.

Make sure you let the wrong paint color dry, paint with new color and hopefully your golden
BW

Sorry I misled you on that. My factory interior pieces are at least 4 different shades of gray. When I put the SEM on the LH t-top trim it didn't match 100%, but then neither does the factory trim on the RH top. And the a-pillar trim doesn't match the dash, the t-top surround trim doesn't match the rear 1/4 trim, etc.

I have admit that it does not look good on your dash top. Sorry!

Jim

canukhemi said:
i bought the paint from Kirbans and it matchs really good .DT

Pretty sure the stuff BRYAN is talking about is that same stuff just with Kirban's name on it. I'll have to buy it and try it. Thanks BRYAN!

It's all good Jimmy. I just didn't want people running out there and buying it for a project down the line and find out it's not even close. We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

That turbo 5 is missing something there!

I'm pretty sure the upper dash pad is a darker grey than the rest of the trim pieces around your interior (kick pads, t-roof trim, etc.)
I just bought a dash pad off a vendor on e-bay. It was blue from GM and he had it professionally painted for me. It is a bang-on match to the original.

phillyturbosix said:
Pretty sure the stuff BRYAN is talking about is that same stuff just with Kirban's name on it. I'll have to buy it and try it. Thanks BRYAN!

It's all good Jimmy. I just didn't want people running out there and buying it for a project down the line and find out it's not even close. We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

That turbo 5 is missing something there!

To clarify future misunderstandings, that paint number is what ive used to paint the NEW gm blue dash speaker covers.
It matches just fine, let us know how it turns out for you and we all can enjoy
BW