You can type here any text you want

Iridium Plugs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jeff Rand

I just tried these NGK's Iridium in my Regal GS and they seem to work great. The car feels more responsive and the idle is very smooth. I know the platinum's do not seem to work for the GN's but has anyone tried these Iridium plugs?
Thanks,
Jeff

I tried the denso iridium plugs on my zr1 vette and they work very well. normally I shy away from high tech or gimmick plugs and run normal AC or NGK, but these looked promising and so far work really well.

very expensive though. maybe some folks that have tried them on the turbo buicks can chime in, I suspect they will work well as the smaller high energy electrode will give a good spark will the same energy from the ignition.

you have to be really careful checking the gap and I think they might break under detonation!!!

Originally posted by rkreigh
I tried the denso iridium plugs on my zr1 vette and they work very well. normally I shy away from high tech or gimmick plugs and run normal AC or NGK, but these looked promising and so far work really well.

very expensive though. maybe some folks that have tried them on the turbo buicks can chime in, I suspect they will work well as the smaller high energy electrode will give a good spark will the same energy from the ignition.

you have to be really careful checking the gap and I think they might break under detonation!!!

I have the Iridium IXs in my GN. I like them a lot, but there wasn't really any dramatic performance improvement over the AC Delcos which are 1/3 the cost. It does idle a lot better, though. I have 'em gapped at .035.

Jim

"smaller high energy electrode will give a good spark will the same energy from the ignition"
That's true of three cylinders, but not the other three. Three cylinders on the turbo engine fire "backwards" from the side electrode to the center electrode. For those three cylinders, the tiny tip on a platinum type plug is a poor target for the spark. If you have access to a spark tester, try firing those plugs backward, and take a look at the result.

Originally posted by 1of1035
I have the denso iridiums. Not much difference besides a nicer idle.

I have a better idle in the GS and it seems to labor less when I accelerate. Maybe I am just trying to justify the $11.99 price tag for each plug!
Jeff

Back