You can type here any text you want

Is a slow bleeder an indication of anything?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlackMetal

If one bleeder drips miserably slow, is that a hint that there's a problem, or is is normal?

Brake pedal has been mushy ever since installing 12" front brakes/calipers. Tried vacuum bleeding (Vacula), tried pressure bleeding (2nd person pumping the pedal), today while I was wiring up my gauges I decided to give gravity bleeding a chance.

Left bottle: Passenger Rear drum - with a 2 HOUR head start on the other bottle.
Right bottle: Driver's rear drum - fluid dripped from the bleeder much faster, you can even see the junk fluid settled on the bottom and new fluid starting to sit on top of it.

Does the passenger side bleeding that slow mean anything?

Attachments

• bfluid.jpg
    bfluid.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 145
Pinched line??? New calipers I assume? Debris blocking the bleeder??

This is from the rears where everything is 100% stock, haven't bled the fronts yet. I'm sure it could be something as simple a blocked bleeded but was wondering if it was worth worrying about.

NW side, don't think it's a very convenient drive for you.

Got done bleeding brakes, got in the car, pumped the pedal, went to the floor. But it was the accumulator depressurizing. Got out and the fluid in the reservoir was solid foam from all the microbubbles. I let it settle and then the pedal felt a little bit better, but I know it's pointless judging the pedal feel until I start the car.

Can't start the car right now cuz I'm waiting for other parts but I hope it's better after all this effort...

Adjusted the left rear drum to help with pedal travel, can't get to the other side right now (2 car garage :rolleyes:).

Ya thats a little cruise LOL! I tell ya these brakes can be a pain in the azz..

Did I screw up anything by pressing the pedal like that? Thinking back, I seem to remember reading some guide that side first depressurize the accumulator, over and over, replacing the fluid that comes out, until the bubbles are all gone, THEN move on to do the actual bleeding at the wheels. Guess I went backwards....

You probably have a pinched line. Had it happen yesterday with a Dodge, Pedal would go to the floor and passenger side wheel cylinder would not bleed. Turned out to be a pinched line that the customer created while he was "customizing" his truck :rolleyes:

Well I will try to follow that line and see if I notice anything, but again as far as the rears, none of that has ever been touched. A line wasn't pinched when I got the car and nothing has been done that would have caused something like that.

This is from the rears where everything is 100% stock, haven't bled the fronts yet. I'm sure it could be something as simple a blocked bleeded but was wondering if it was worth worrying about.

Oops, should have read closer. I just had the rear out of my car and when I put it back in I ran new brake lines on it just to make it neater than what was on there. Had the opposite problem you did, right rear took forever to bleed, used a MityVac to get the flow going and it bubbled for about 3 hours using the gravity method, finally cleared up though. Left side bleed out in about a half hour! Shorter line from the junction block to the left rear so that is probably why.

Try pulling the bleeder completely out of the wheel cylinder and see what happens, if it hasn't been bled in quite a while it might have debris in there.

Yeah I'll try completely pulling the bleeder and see how it flows.

Once I get the car running I'll take it for a drive and get everything warmed up and then let them drip a little bit again when the fluid is warm.

Back