Is gnttype.org down for anyone else?

Jonasterg

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Working on the Buick today and went to gnttype.org to check for some info. I can't get to the page; not sure if it's a recent issue or if it's offline. Has anyone used it successfully?

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded​

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

Looks like it is down.

Yeah that's the same error I saw. Looks like Google no longer shows cached versions of webpages from their search results, but you can use "cache:https://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html" or "cache:[web address]" from Chrome to find it. Not sure how long they'll keep that feature alive but it's useful!

It would be great to backup some of that content here, but it might depend on who owns it. I can grab pages this weekend from the cache so we have them just in case.

The feeble/old mind is failing me...
Wasn't the site started by Ken Mosher when he published the first data logging program?
I think I still have an old LT with his Turbolink program on it. I may also have the disc. DOS??
On another note...Is Steve Wood still around?
Vortex Buicks active?
Gee! I'm old!;)

The feeble/old mind is failing me...
Wasn't the site started by Ken Mosher when he published the first data logging program?
I think I still have an old LT with his Turbolink program on it. I may also have the disc. DOS??
On another note...Is Steve Wood still around?
Vortex Buicks active?
Gee! I'm old!;)
I think you are remembering correctly. The gnttype.org site has been a valuable resource for as long as I can remember even before this site I think.

TurboLink was great for it's time. Dos based and was before USB I think.

We could probably host it if they wanted. We cant host it where this forum is but we have another box we could host it on.

@JayC Not sure who still owns the site, a whois gives an address but it might be a proxy. It'd be great to keep that info alive, it's an invaluable resource for the community.

Yeah, we would be glad to keep it going if anyone has contact with him.

Im sure Scott Keller is still running it. We can definitely help out tho.

Some, but not all, of the web pages are cached at the "Wayback Machine" :

WM is under a DDOS attack so I wouldnt expect a whole lot from that right now but maybe youll get lucky.