You can type here any text you want

Is it safe to run 91 octane on a Turbo Tweak chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
When Eric burned my chip, he burned it for 92 octane as I used to live in an area that had 93 at every pump.

Now I live in an area that only has 91 at best.

Can i run 91 in my car and get away with it?

Thanks.

I run mine with 91 (all the stations here stopped selling 93), and I haven't had any problems out of it.

Hate the stuff but run it because that's the only thing we have. Fortunately the alky comes on at 15psi.

91 octane

At one time there was a formula for mixing xylene to bring up the octane,
does anyone know how to reach Ken Mosher, he was in FT Collins Co he can tell you for sure the mixture.

home made turbo fuel.....

it's at gn/ttype.org. homemade octane boost.

You can do it.
Just turn the boost down a little, and as always, MONITOR FOR KNOCK!
His chips are programmable too. You may want to take a little timing out.
For specifics, check with the Turbotweak board.
If you want the chip defaults to work best with 91, you'll need a new chip, or have
Eric reprogram yours.

ElectraJim

Thanks.

Closest E85 station I know of is 60 miles, also the closest race gas station and methanol supplier that I know of. Not sure how E85 would help.

I did contact Eric, he has informed me I need to watch for knock, and if need be turn the boost down. I have been wondering about turning the Alky up to 7.

E85 has an octane rating over 100 and running an E85 mix would bring up your overall octane rating. Go to the E85 section and read up, it's pretty interesting stuff.

Back