is it worth it?

icecold1132

is it worth it to upgrade the chip to a turbo tweak chip if the cars almost stock? and not upgrade injectors or anything else?

I don't think you will get a single no, but there's a caveat involved. You'll want to make sure you have a good hotwired pump, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and an adjustable wastegate. All of these are supporting mods for a good chip. You can stay with stock injectors and be fine, but if you decide you want a little bigger, it's best to do it with your chip order so you don't have to re-buy later. They have great injector/chip packages on the TT website.

It will change the personality of your car ... I guarantee it. (meant to sound like the Men's Wear House dude on TV)

I don't think you will get a single no, but there's a caveat involved. You'll want to make sure you have a good hotwired pump, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and an adjustable wastegate. All of these are supporting mods for a good chip. You can stay with stock injectors and be fine, but if you decide you want a little bigger, it's best to do it with your chip order so you don't have to re-buy later. They have great injector/chip packages on the TT website.

It will change the personality of your car ... I guarantee it. (meant to sound like the Men's Wear House dude on TV)
Yessiree! I just ordered a chip/injector combo. yesterday from TT. $302.00 to my door.:biggrin:

You will be very happy even stock with a TT chip just the improvement in
Your idle quality is worth the price of the chip
but like said above if u ever plan on doing injectors get the combo now

You might as well get a combo (chip and injectors) figure that your injectors are 23/24 years old, imagine the crap inside them. You will be amazed how much better the car runs with a new chip and injectors!

well everything thinks if i got bigger injectors i would need to get mandatory things like, fuel pump ,hotwire kit for fuel pump, adjustable fuel regulator is it mandatory? can i get away with it?

Yes, bigger injectors and a chip should be done after or at the same time as a hotwired pump. The stock pumps were marginal at best and the wiring is 23 years old on them now.

I consider all that normal maintainence. These cars are 23 or more years old. With a turboed engine fueling is very important. Even at 10lbs of boost a bad old fuel pump could cost you your engine. Once you have a modern chip and healthy fuel system you can be much more confindant in your car. Oh, and with those upgrades and a few minor mods you'll suddenly look like that guy on the commercial for male potency pills-permanent smile.:D;)

A hot wire kit is only $35-$45 and should be MANDATORY on any turbo Buick IMO. Just like a Scanmaster. Chances are your fuel pump is 23 years old and tired by now. Boosted engines need fuel. Skimping on things like a hot wire kit, fuel pump, etc...you might get away with it, but you're playing russian roulette with your engine.