You can type here any text you want

Is jimmy still around

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Two T's

Long Time member
Looking for phone # for jimmy herd he is still dooing transmitions but moved down street did one for me years ago and it rocked have few issues wanted to get ahold of him.
Thanks Tom:confused:

I had Jimmy build me 2 of his billet drum trans. Both are holding up great. Shift like they are new but they are 3 years old now.

Yup,he still in business i just talk to him the other day about dropping off my gn either tomarrow or saturday.Personally i wouldn't trust any local trans shop touching my gn,save your money and just have Jimmy due the work

Yup,he still in business i just talk to him the other day about dropping off my gn either tomarrow or saturday.Personally i wouldn't trust any local trans shop touching my gn,save your money and just have Jimmy due the work

Ya I know but I would have to waite a while as a big chunk, had jimmy do one for me on my 87 about 5 years ago he is a supper guy took good care of me but it cost $1200 that long ago and Im sure with the economy it has went up from there not complaining just tight now. My friend Joe did me real good last time it was affordable and held up to a 468 bbc pushing 650hp or better and we can build as money comes in know not the best way but do not have much of a choice now due to fundage. I think it should turn out and he dose it out of his own place and have known him for years.
Appericiate everybody chiming in and value all oppinions that is what I love about the buick comunity every body there to help one another.
Thanks Tom:cool:

jimmy is at the corvette shop at the end of the building part time. he works for the town of mundelien full time.

jimmy is at the corvette shop at the end of the building part time. he works for the town of mundelien full time.

If it looks like it will cost us to mutch to do it ourselves I will contact him and check it out. Wanted to put a brake in this one do I have to go insane on build to make it last or can you go with basic upgrades and brake. stock long block,60lb injectors,te45a,turbo tweek chip, stock intercooler, alky in near future. After trans is done any oppinions feel free looking for advise.
Thanks
Tom:confused:

Using a T-Brake puts alot more shock load on the hard parts. Probably needs the Billet Forward Drum & Input Shaft at the least for any kind of durability. Maybe more? I'm no expert.

thanks for input how about our vnders anything to add to the list or will this be the main things to be conserned about anybody.
Thanks Tom

Using a T-Brake puts alot more shock load on the hard parts. Probably needs the Billet Forward Drum & Input Shaft at the least for any kind of durability. Maybe more? I'm no expert.

Yep Jimmy will recommend the Billet forward drum for the brake for sure so that's $500 in parts right there. If this is the same tranny that Jimmy built for you not too long ago, then he will go through it and charge you $300 in labor plus whatever the replacement/new parts cost. So it all depends what you want added to your build.

PS. I will have Jimmy build it and be done with it!!!

HTH
Prasad

-Don't mean to hi-jack thread. I had Jimmy build the trans for my car about 4 years ago. I had him build a trans that would work into the mid-11's. Cost me $1200. But Ive run much faster than that. He recommended to go with the billet internals I opted not to at the time, but now Im making some serious horsepower and I will have to give him a call to go through it before I grenade this one.

I have made about 100 low-11 second runs in the 119 mph range and still works as good as the day I picked it up.

Can't go wrong with Jimmy. He will take care of you.

Jimmy just did a T-brake for my buddy. He will recommend billet drum, billet input shaft, billet OD rind and billet planetary. That is about $1K right there.

I have a tranny that is on my shelf that came out of my 87-t when it org. went down used another tranny from 85-t i had but found out that it is probably out of a olds. So I think it may need a valvebody although If i rember wright jimmy said he converted it to brf, how built should I go with combo in my sig. do you think his 1200 rebuild will work or how much approx. has anybody paid for one with manual brake.
Thanks Guys

Back