You can type here any text you want

Is my O2 sensor bad?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GTABurnout

Well I went out for a night of crusing tonight and everything seemed fine. Even beat an S2000 from a roll finally got the whole brake boosting thing down:). Well all night the car ran great, nice cold weather and not much knock but then on my easy drive home the "Check engine" light came on. But then when I gave it a little it went off. I was running a tank of 91 with 2 gallons of 100 unleaded. So that shouldn't have done it. Well any help would be great as I am new to this whole turbo thing.
Thanks
Hunter

Change out your 02 if in doubt. My car was using a lot of fuel and the exhaust had a "fumey" smell to it...after I changed the sensor with a GM purple wire...the car starts/idles smoother, the fumes are down and the partial/WOT and WOT are better/smoother and slightly improved. I've owned my TTA for 4 months now and have changed out the plugs, O2, PCV, Tranny flushed, K/N Breather cap installed. Next on the agenda are a new set of wires (will box up my originals with 24,000 miles on them).

Good luck.

Nope, we took care of it, his fuel pressure was too low. Just a newbee tuning issue :)

yep

thanks Rick Cars running sweet now right after I left I beat up on a 6 speed LS1 from a roll. :cool:

Back