You can type here any text you want

is "side exit" exhaust legal in CA ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
There are no restrictions on exhaust other than modifications prior to the cat on OBD1 vehicles and prior to the cat monitor on OBD2 vehicles. Additionally, there are exhaust noise restriction limits of 95db. The noise restriction verifications are performed by Referee (to clear noise fixit tickets). One thing that may not have been mentioned on your thread is perfect combustion creates CO2 and H2O (water). The cat tries to achieve perfect combustion. How will the moisture (from exhaust) affect traction? I have seen lots of exhaust systems drip fair amounts of water, once the cat is working well.

Originally posted by gofstbuick
... One thing that may not have been mentioned on your thread is perfect combustion creates CO2 and H2O (water). The cat tries to achieve perfect combustion. How will the moisture (from exhaust) affect traction? I have seen lots of exhaust systems drip fair amounts of water, once the cat is working well.
Excellent point, I would not otherwise have considered this.

Back