Is that a BOV?? On a TTA???

Id like to jump in here since the car in question is the car i sold GTABURNOUT. The car is FULLY equiped to run easily in the 11's. Hunter is working on learning about the car, how to drive it, and how to tune it, he has run mid 12's on a EXTREMELY mild chip and LOW boost. his first runs were in the 13's, so progress is being made. lets help him out. He is one of the YOUNGER generation that will keep these cars going, so he doesnt fit your description mike!!!!

HUNTER: On that note you really do NEED to listen to people, if you ask a question, listen to the answers, you have already been told the BOV was/is unnecessary. the ONLY reason for one is to protect the turbo from compressor shock and as has been said a 1000 times this is not a problem on TB's, we ARE trying to keep you from spending money on things that could well be spent somewhere else. You accuse guys of having anger for younger generation yet you sound angry because we tell you something thats against what you want to do. We will not give approval to something that we already KNOW doesnt help.

One of the ADVANTAGES to buying these cars is the 15yrs of experience on this board, you can be given a recipe for a combo that has been PROVEN 100's and 100's of times. There is NOTHING wrong with trying new things but make sure they are NEW things!!!

Bah nothing wrong with having a BOV on your turbo car, makes car spool faster between shifts.
I have one on my 99 TTA, ofcoarse its a manual.

i always look tord the GN guys for tech questons they know alot., one of the first to have alki and there learning alot with propane. keep advancing.

True I will learn more and I will listen to what other people tell me trying to help out.

But I also have oither people with fast turbo cars giving me compleatly diffrent advice. And you all say that a lot of you guys have done it already and I should pay attention to that.

On one hand I have a guy with a 8 sec mustang with a turbo kit he built him self on it and then their are all the Turbo Buick guys running around on the ragged edge of tunning.

Who should I listen to the Engineer that has prove any turbo engine works the same or the Turbo buick guy who has "tried it all"...

Well I am trying to listen to both, but on occasion their paths cross and go diffrenent directions, For instance the blow of valve thing. If it really hurst me I will take it of and just consider it a learning experence. Hell I almost bought a T66 4 bolt and then had a conversion made for it...

Well I have a ultimate goal for the car and if going a diffrenent way then everyone else gets me there then so be it if I follow everybodys advice, with is impossable because everyone has a diffrenent idea, he whatever I will get there eventually.

Typical Young Buck

Comes on here and asks advice and then does what he's gonna do anyway. LOL We were all like that once. Reminds me of the time I seen this guy at the track with a TTA. He had a bunch of high dollar mismatched parts on the car, Kenne Belle 70 mm throttle body plenum setup etc. Ran low 14's all day and you couldn't tell him a thing. The hardest thing to do when your young is to realize you don't know crap yet and to listen to those who do. Good Luck with your car GTA.

Originally posted by smokinHawk
Bah nothing wrong with having a BOV on your turbo car, makes car spool faster between shifts.
I have one on my 99 TTA, ofcoarse its a manual.

i always look tord the GN guys for tech questons they know alot., one of the first to have alki and there learning alot with propane. keep advancing.

Considering we don't lose any boost when the car shifts it doesn't matter. Also with the design and intended use of a BOV I don't understand how building boost would have any effect from a BOV, unless its leaking. :confused:

Originally posted by GTABurnout
True I will learn more and I will listen to what other people tell me trying to help out.

But I also have oither people with fast turbo cars giving me compleatly diffrent advice. And you all say that a lot of you guys have done it already and I should pay attention to that.

On one hand I have a guy with a 8 sec mustang with a turbo kit he built him self on it and then their are all the Turbo Buick guys running around on the ragged edge of tunning.

Who should I listen to the Engineer that has prove any turbo engine works the same or the Turbo buick guy who has "tried it all"...

Well I am trying to listen to both, but on occasion their paths cross and go diffrenent directions, For instance the blow of valve thing. If it really hurst me I will take it of and just consider it a learning experence. Hell I almost bought a T66 4 bolt and then had a conversion made for it...

Well I have a ultimate goal for the car and if going a diffrenent way then everyone else gets me there then so be it if I follow everybodys advice, with is impossable because everyone has a diffrenent idea, he whatever I will get there eventually.

Just because he has a TURBO Mustang doesn't mean he knows anything about Turbobuicks. 80% of the Buick Performance is all about tuning the car. Your buddy with the Turbo Mustang probably has NO idea how to tune a Buick. Just as most Buick guys would have No Idea what to do on a Turbo Mustang. Just because it works on a Supra or Mustang or whatever doesn't mean it works on Buicks.

T66 4bolt, good thing you didnt do that!! The BOV doesn't hurt but it was a waste of your time and money as it doesn't help either. If you really needed it the factory would have given you one. People are so quick to get rid of factory parts for aftermarket parts. Let me tell you, the stock parts on this car will support a TON of power. There are LOTS and LOTS of useless parts for these cars. We are just trying to help you stay away from those.

What are your ultimate goals? What do you want to run and do with the car? Maybe we can help you put together a plan and parts list of what to buy and how to go about doing it. :D

Originally posted by GTABurnout

How many of them have had TB's???

I dont believe this is true, What do you base this opinion on?? I think guys out there do run ragged edge but hardly all of them.

Engineers dont always know everything, how much time has he spent with a TB??? In this case go with peple who done it with what your working with. THEORY is all the same but REAL WORLD is what counts.

Thats just it WHY GO A DIFFERENT WAY?? why not just go the path that has been laid out before you and is proven!!!!

and then their are all the Turbo Buick guys running around on the ragged edge of tunning.

I think he is talking about me, I have a habbit of not being able to turn my boost down far enough to run on pump gas (91 octane) with any of the chips I have and don't normally run any racegas unless I am at the track. This and a couple other problems have caused numerous blown headgaskets.

not just you, your car was running really safe last time, no knock and such but I want my car to be safe not risk blowing up..

Hey GTABurnout

I think the best think for car would be to start at the beginning and slowly work back up. A good tune-up (plugs,oil, trans fluid,pcv,fuel filter,O2 sensor,etc) Add those things I mentioned at the track. New chip, pump hotwire and power plate. And get the sensors in line; TPS, IAC and go from there.

I still want to find out why the Turbolink dont work on your car
Email me before you go to the track again.
Later

Rich thanks for all the hep on Friday, it was good to have your expertise on hand. 12.5 isn't bad at all for me.

Rick give me a call I want to get a DL file for the new chip.

Phil I will soon bee asking for a 20 22 degree chip I will try to get you a DL file

Wow a few more people helping me and I will have a 10 sec car...