You can type here any text you want

Is this a factory chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84gnguy

84gnguy really has an 87
Hi guys,hoping someone can ID this...

top of the chip has:
APXB

back side has:

JT8(G)/P
LFIVE216
AA14

Thanks in advance

That appears to be a factory chip? does it say phillipines on it? If so then it should be a factory one.

my85grandnation said:
What year chip is this? I will go look at my other original chips and see what they say.

..I have no idea,it came with the car (not installed)
I did try it out,car runs alot smoother,pulls more vacuum,and goes to 17 lbs/boost
I thought I heard some detonation,so I took it out.

What year car do you have? On the 85 GN the stock chip on top says
CMM
1865 and sometimes also says delco
and on bottom says
EV 8433

Now thats just one of my chips the bottom of the other one says
GE 8433 but Im not sure if that makes them any different?

If you have an 84-85 and would like one of these stock chips or an upgraded one let me know. I have a nice about mid power range kenne bell chip thats a nice balance between stock and extra power.

APXB is the factory chip for the Turbo TA. It is set up with more boost and higher timing than the Buick chips. I wouldn't run that in your car with pump gas, as the timing is about 26*.

Regards,
Eric

Eric Stage I said:
APXB is the factory chip for the Turbo TA. It is set up with more boost and higher timing than the Buick chips. I wouldn't run that in your car with pump gas, as the timing is about 26*.

Regards,
Eric

Eric,is this chip OK to run with a 50/50 mix of 110 octane and 93 octane?

It depends on how much boost you run. Since we're talking stock injectors, you probably won't be able to go much higher than 20psi before it starts to lean out, so I think you'd be ok.

Regards,
Eric

Eric,just ordered one of your street chips..looking forward to being able to have 16-17 lbs. of boost on 93 octane instead of using this stock TTA chip with *26 timing/16 lbs. boost.Running a mixture of 110 and 93 is too expensive..for the price I pay for about 10 gallons of 110 I just bought one of your chips :)

Back