Is this a stock turbo?

mike

The compressor side has 12 even blades and compressor has 11 blades. Compressor also has A/R.60 on it. Just wanted to make sure it's stock or not. Thanks.

Originally posted by mike
The compressor side has 12 even blades and compressor has 11 blades. Compressor also has A/R.60 on it. Just wanted to make sure it's stock or not. Thanks.
Huh?:confused: Do you mean the compressor has 12 and turbine has 11? Not a stocker! Stock is 14 on the compressor (inlet). Do a search up there in the right corner because the same post was on here about two days ago and I showed the link to get at the pictures. My guess is TA-49 if it has a bolted on inlet bell.

That's what I meant compressor 12 and turbine 11. Don't know why I wrote that. Yes it has bolted on inlet bell. I ran a 12.2 @ 109, & 111 with this turbo, ported stock irons, 50lb inj., 1.7 60ft w/10lb launch and could only get 20lb down the 1/4. I know my 60's could get better and I'm gonna run a little more boost next time but does this sound somewhat accurate for a 49 if that's what I have? I appreciate your help a lot.

One other thing, how much is it to rebuild a turbo? The middle of the turbine wheel is chipped off. I just took the turbo off for the first time and I know that this is not too good.

Ok,

The figures you got are typical of that combo. So you are saying the turbine (hot side) wheel is chipped? Well you need at minimum a whole new shaft which is $150. A total rebuild is about $300.

Yeh, the middle of the turbine wheel is chipped. Where is a good place to send it to get fixed. I got around to measuring it to be certain and it is almost 59mm. Thanks again for your help.