You can type here any text you want

Is this intake on or off center

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rking

I have a Stage 2 buick motorsports intake # 255000029. Is this on or off center. TIA

Re: DOH!!

Originally posted by rking
I meant 25500029 ;)

This is straight from one of the internet parts places.....

https://www.spoperformanceparts.com/store/catalog/Product.jhtml?PRODID=166&CATID=165

Your Buick V6 will breathe free with this aluminum high-rise four-barrel intake manifold. Its single-plane design and tuned runners enhance high-rpm horsepower. Carefully engineered runner cross-sections promote even fuel distribution to all cylinders. An air gap beneath the runners insulates the intake charge from engine heat; there is no manifold heat riser passage. The square carburetor pad is machined for a standard flange four-barrel.

Technical Notes: This intake manifold has been updated to fit Buick Stage II on-center blocks.

The thing is..I am pretty sure the older intakes (off-center) carried the same part number and they just updated the casting when the on-center stuff came out. If the pad where the carb sits is more than 1" high, it's probably a later on-center intake. As has been said elsewhere, the easiest way to find out is to stick it on a block with a set of heads.

Kendall, You are correct. The on center and off center version carry the same part number. (I have 2 offcenters and one on center). The offcenter version is less beefy around the carb mounting flange. The On center version was reinforced where the carb sits.

From my experience, This is the only visual item to look for without trying the intake on a block and heads.

Dave

Back