You can type here any text you want

Is this oiling system normal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DarthBuick

I Win even in your dreams.
by todays standards. I just recently purchased this GN and it is my first GN. The oil pump cooler lines run to passenger side of radiator. Most oil coolers use hot side od radiator but this car uses cold side for oil cooler. The fittings are AN and it has steel braided hose. The radiator fittings size are 3/4 inch outside diameter and looks like the transmission cooler has been changed out for oil cooler. The filter is under passenger headlight with two filters and a oil line running to turbo is also AN fittings and braided SS line. This is my first turbo car not counting a 1979 Mustang pace-car turbo 4 banger. I always wanted one of these cars since I test drove the first intercooled Grand National in town in late 1985. My best friend was a service writer at the local Buick dealer and I PDI'd cars there on Saturdays and he is the manager there now. yes I know I am old.
oil cooler.jpgcoolerlines.jpg

Looks like its the factory oil cooler adapter that had the factory lines replaced with those braided ones. You also have a PTE turbo saver which is why you have a relocated filter and a braided turbo oil line. The oil cooler is in the right place for our cars.

Back