You can type here any text you want

is this the right PCV valve?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Looks right, kinda doubt its causing the BLM issue. Only time a bust PCV is a problem is were it stuck open or not sealing and you're blowing boost into the crankcase. If it stuck closed under vacuum, well, that wouldn't do anything bad. Do the easy, non-$ stuff first - IAC, TPS, cc yadda yadda.

They no longer make the "correct" AC Delco CV893C valve but the ECM should be able to compensate as long as you use the correct type valve. Having said that, PCV valves can definitely affect BLM's. I tested three valves a while back. The factory correct CV893C, SMP V242 (highway stars), and another brand I can't recall. All three produced different BLM numbers with the 893C the lowest followed closely by the SMP 242. BLM's for the other brand was considerably higher but still within acceptable range, if I recall correctly. Sorry, don't have exact numbers as it was a while ago...

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/where-to-buy-pcv-check-valve.316802/

It appears the hose that connects the pcv to the vacuum block is slightly too short so the pcv is pulled up a little, is this ok or an issue?

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

If not seated properly it could push out. Happened to me...

I must have been lucky with my PCVs. I've had BLM issues and I went down the PCV route - stock, RJC and Autozone never shifted my BLMs significantly, which is why I'd say don't bother. It should go without saying there shouldn't be leakages from the vac body to the manifold. In my case, it turned out I had swapped out the stock MAF for an LT1 and translator, but did not correctly set the translator for the LT1 MAF. :oops:

Back