You can type here any text you want

ISKY Solid roller lifters.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

I have a question in regards to clearance in the lifter bores.
My Isky lifters are not very snug in the lifter bore, can wobble them from side to side slightly.
I recall on a stock block my comp hyd roller lifters fit nice and snug.
So is this ok, or a problem?
I am thinking once oiled they should snug up a bit.......

Thank you.

The clearance you should shoot for is .0017 to .002". Any more than that is unnecessary and undesirable.

I did some measuring:
0.842 lifter body.
0.845 Bore.
So that gives me 0.003.
With a dial indicator i get 0.008 movement from side to side.

I'd be bushing the lifter bores or boring and honing them for a larger lifter body size. I went with Crower .903" diameter lifters. They have larger axles, needles and rollers. All in all, a stronger lifter assembly. I bored, bushed and honed my own block. Some special tooling required. The process of honing the lifter bores requires a very special honing tool, honing oil and procedure. I forked out the bucks for one and was happy I did.

The fact that the larger lifter is heavier hasn't been a problem. I also use heavy 3/8 to 7/16" single taper pushrods. It seems that valve train weight on the lifter side of the rocker is less critical than it is on the valve side of the rocker. It has to do with the leverage advantage with the rocker.

Back