It just won't pull!

oyvindbl

I have just recently rebuilt my 231 cid Turbo engine, but it just won't pull. :(
I rebuilt it with new bearings all around, new rings, new Fel Pro gasket set, new Turbo (replacement), overhauled the carb, polished the carburetor plenum, lightly ported the heads and put in a GN107T camshaft from Poston Enterprises. When I fire it up it idles fine, but with only 13 psi vacuum (can't find any leaks), and it just won't pull at all. It acts like it is pulling in a steep hill or under heavy conditions. Timing kit is from PAW, but it clocked in at correct timing with a timing wheel. The camshaft is 4 degrees advanced, and timing is set at 37 degrees total.

Anybody have a good idea about what's wrong?:confused:

Please mail me at: oyvind.bliksvaer@fabricom.no

Take care!!!

Oyvind

Is it making boost? , Is the engine spinning freely, is it running hot?

I am having simular problems and have determined that my torque converter is giving me problems. Makes sense. Built the crap outta the motor. Pulled hard, then started loosing it's finese. 115,000 on the tranny and stock converter. Time to go street/ strip with a Hughes performance 3000 stall converter part # 21-30L.

With onlly 13 psi vac at idle I would think that you have a vac leak or carb out of adjustment. Check your actuator (as B4Black has reminded me to do:) )

Jim

Yep, leaking hoses are easy to find. It's the leaks in the things they are connected to that can give you headaches. The actuator, PECV or MAP, EGR and jsut about anything else can leak internally and cause problems. Vacuum leaks will cuase the engine to bog down.

Plenum and THERMAC heat too.

And make sure the ESC isn't retard timing 100% of the time.