You can type here any text you want

Its alive!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Vrrrooom Vrrrrooom its up-n-running... new cam broke-in.. ran it at 2K for 30 minutes, didnt go over 167.. drained.. filled.. NO LEAKS :eek: .. and the roller rockers are happen'ing. ;)

Grrrrrr out the valvetrain. Tranny gets here today.. i'll be terrorizing the streets tommorrow...

No leaks.......................................... YET. Wait til you run some boost through that bad boy. When you going to take me for a ride?

Awesome....Don't get that heartbeat too high....Its not healthy for you :)

Ahh it wont see that much boost :eek: , this weekend it should be up... btw I need that U-know-what back to start doing testing on this car.. I dont want any surprises with the one that I'm currently using.

Bob ran with these heads and same cam 11.90 at 16 PSI boost on my stock TTA turbo..so with 23-24 PSI, bigger turbo, lots of alky.... it ought to do at least an 11.8 :D

Still need to add the nitrous, that ought to improve it a .1 or .2. Just a 75-100 shot

Jack p/up the tranny last nite, it will be delivered tonite.. man I can wait.. i'll probably go and put that sucker up tonite.. Mike the builder has gone through it with a fine tooth comb.. we'll see.

PS.. go the FL section, do some reading.. hehe

Dont worry that "you know what" will be delivered back to ya tonight. Still having issues, actually BL's are in the double digits right now and I have dropped FP to 32 just to see if it would make a difference and nothing, so back to the drawing boards there.

My tranny is starting to flare a little b-ween the 2-3 shift, kinda pissing me off. So I am going to give Steve one more shot to make it right.

Ive been watching the Florida board and biting my tongue. Maybe we can all see it when he has his house warming party, right?? May even be lucky enough to get a show if you know what I mean, lol.

Anyway KUDOS on the car and I cant wait to take a ride.

BTW, know anyone selling a decent T-Type in the area?

Congrats on getting it going! How do you like the "stockish" cam, pretty mild. Just like the stocker but it'll have more mid range :)

How about some pictures of the teardown? Was it as clean as you expected?

Now when you go to ported heads and a cam you have to run less boost to keep from detonating right? Do you have a good guess on how much boost you'll be able to run on your new set up? Now since you'll be running harder at less boost then the compressed air should be cooler. Do you think the cooler air will make the alky less effective? Have you ran your car on a dyno? It would be nice to see the difference, not only in the peak numbers but the shape of the torque curves. I bet your going to start pulling some really stout mph.

Todays Tech tip:
KEEP THE RODS INSIDE THE BLOCK!

Dr Boost tried to lighten up his car once by removing that heavy crankshaft from his car. :D It was lighter but didn't run for ****!

I think I'm going to be any where from 6 months to a year behind you on going to ported heads and a cam. So I'm really curious about some of the stuff you find with your new set up. I got a girdle on the way today. :D

Good luck: Jason

Lee.. watch them toes :D

Rob.. I cant really tell on the cam, the motor is without a tranny hooked up, so the idle hunts a little due to the missing mass of the TQ. Tho it will have better everything at least on paper. I have to get the pixs put up. Nothing really to talk about. Looks like a regular motor internally as far as piston tops and such.. couldnt tell any difference from one not running alcohol. It does still have the cross hatch on the cylinder walls, that to be expected at high 20's for miles. Valves had carbon, and really nothing to write home about. I'll see about uploading images. Tho .. ya know :)

Jason, my idea was a little different. See I wanted to reduce the boost I was having to pump through the motor, so by doing heads and cam, this will allow as you know same power at a much lower boost level. Less boost means turbo is happier, and IC outlet temps will/should come down. Alky will still be very needed, tho becuase of the stock IC, my timing will probably have to really come down..maybe in the 17-18 degree range. I know the limits of the bottom ends is like 600-625 flywheel = to like 500 RWHP, so if I can hit that number at lower boost levels, then I get to keep the small turbo, big converter, kinda have my cake and eat it too. I'll see.. All I want is to drill 123-125 once or twice, the rest I can keep the car running 118-119 trap speed comfortably. Else become a member of the DOTC club..

BTW, There is a local car club.. Till Rods Fly Racing,, do not want to become a member

;)

Houston.. We have Lift off... tranny is in.. back on the road.. That new pump in the tranny is the bomb..

Thanks Lee for the hand today..

Man take a perfectly working car.. and now go and race it.. we must be mad :eek:

hehe :D

Cant wipe the smile off my face :D

Alky tank is on "E" :( ..taking care of that tommorrow.

Next weekend is the Buick event.. I'll need to spend some time tuning this weekend...

See if it can crack a 122 mph

All I have to say is SWEET!!

The roller setup in that car is like none I have ever seen. Got a slightly different sound to it than stock, but being able to use the factory valve covers you would hardly ever know. If you were ever thinking of the roller setup Julio has it all worked out.

With the new setup @ 5-6 psi it pulled as hard as my stocker at 15-16. I can only imagine it at 15-16 psi, 11.20's are on their way.

The tranny is sweet as well. Shifted perfectly just like the stocker til you gave it some throttle, then it shifted like a racing tranny. WOW

Julio anytime you need me to stand around and watch you work let me know, my pleasure, lol. Hella sweet ride I must admit. When you get it broke in I will have to find a good excuse to come over so I can get another ride.

Lee, anytime.... always good to have another set of eyes..

aperrego, man a year.. I went 45 days and was severely bumm'd out.

Now why do we go and break them?

:confused:

hehe :D

yeah a year.. but to see the new paint and hear the might as well be new motor it is worth it..

Back