You can type here any text you want

It's Alive!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
After 8 long years of a painstaking frame off....
GNX 405 is finally alive and breathing!!!! Went over to my Son-In-Law's this last weekend and he had it together enough to see if it would fire.
We double checked everything, primed the oil, primed the fuel rail, had a water hose standing by (in case needed for the high idle cam break-in run up).

She fire immediately, plenty of clatter of course; set up the idle to 2,000 for the 20 minute cam break in. Kept a close eye on coolant temps (and everything else). With a perfectly new and clean cooling system the temps never got over 189, and cycled up and down as the fan cycled on and off. :biggrin:
He restored it to 100% stock so it looks like a new GNX top and bottom!
I'm sure John (GNX 405) is ecstatic that it's finally coming to and end, he poured his heart and soul into that car for 8 years.
His wife Michelle (turbomichelle) is to be commended for the patience and understanding put forth during this project.

Now he gets to start working on her 87 Turbo T. :wink: :biggrin:

Now cmon Dave you know we need pictures:wink: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Daaavvvvveeee Yooou Hooooo LOL

fcad0cab.gif

rock_dj.gif

I didn't have my camera with me. :frown: :frown:

Besides, it's just "not quite" camera ready yet. Still has some old, old turbo regal wheels/tires on it that are just used for support.

Soon as the suspension gets all buttoned up and aligned, etc, so that it's driveable and has its own wheels/tires, I'll try and get some shots.

I wish there was an easy way to get shots under the car. That's the impressive part!! Powder coated frame/chassis/suspension components, etc.!!!!! Shiney nice new/old ATR exhaust.

Dave,

Is this John's GNX that he has owned for years and years? I got to ride around in that when he and Michelle were dating.

Please tell them I said Hello!

Yes, that's the one. They'll be over to our house this weekend, I'll say hi for ya!!

I wish these guys would stop beating my up for no pix! :redface: I'm just the messenger, I don't own/live with this particular GNX. ;)

Dave pics up the phone and calls John: John, get me some gawtdamn pics of that GNX so you can post them, or email to me and I will post them for you to get these pesky people off my azz:biggrin:

John answer's said phone: Yes sir, any thing for you sir, they will be posted shortly:biggrin:

John is/was a member on this board. If he wants people to see his handy work, he or his wife surely know how to post a picture...

Hi Scott, Great to hear from you. It must have been close to a decade ago that we went for a ride.

Good gried there are a bunch of picture vultures on this board. You'll get to see em when you see em.

Nevermind, it isn't that big of a deal:wink: We were just trying to give you an opportunity to show off a rare car, and be proud about it. No biggie.............

Unsubscribed.

1997 accordingly to the sweatshirt I acquired while in Manhattan Beach.:cool:
Yes, it's a little small these days...

Hi Scott, Great to hear from you. It must have been close to a decade ago that we went for a ride.

1997! That was the year that I bought the GNX. Michelle and I saw you again in Norwalk, I think it was 2003, so if my math is right, we are late for our five year reunion. '09 Nationals?

As far as posting pictures of the car, I plan to but want to have all the t's crossed and i's dotted before I do. Little things are yet to be completed, like the installation of the front sway bar (waiting for bushings to arrive) and restoring and re-installing the fender louvers.

Back