You can type here any text you want

It's boxed and smoothed out...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RobG

... sort of. I still have plenty of work to do before it's ready for powdercoat but at least it's progress.

Front x-member that doesn't look like swiss cheese anymore..
061.jpg

Driver side rail.
063.jpg

Pass. side rail.
062.jpg

What do you guys think ???

Nice! by the looks of it you hade a much nicer frame to start out with! mine was all bent up underneath from all sorts of sloppy floor jack work!!!!

This thing wasn't pretty either, someone jacked the car up in the center of the frame a few times and bent it up a bit :(

We used a pice of long 2 x 2 square tubing clamped to the bottom of the rail and heated up the frame until everything went back into place.

You going to notch it while you got the car all apart?? Definitely clean though!

No notch. I'm going with a 275/40/18 tire out back when it's finished. This car will be mainly set up for handling vs. straight line :cool:

That looks Super !! :eek:

What does it need yet before powdercoat :confused:

U sure you dont want a nice 315 back there??? ;) Ferrari's and vipers have at least 315s stock and they do very well :D Have you seen Heath Elmer's car with either 17s or 18s and 315s???

Attachments

• HeathsGN.jpg
    HeathsGN.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 186
One quick question...... How are you running your fuel and brake lines????

One quick question...... How are you running your fuel and brake lines????

Im curious as well....Im just planning on a clean straight shot over the boxed section twords the bottom of the frame, and gentle bends over the crossmember.....Lord only knows if it'll work......Looks like he is gonna be there before me!!! :D

Adam,

I've got those old issues with Heath's cars, Sledgehammer and the two tone one and those cars were one of the reasons I had to have a Buford of my own. But tire size wise, '03-'04 Cobra's and the last F-bodies ran a 275 tire with good results as well. There's a Mustang guy that just rescently ran a high 7 second pass on a 275/60/15 drag radial so it goes to show you don't need steamroller sized tires to go fast, just fine tune the suspension to work with them. But I could change my mind....:wink:

As far as the brake & fuel lines go I will run that stuff inside the car. Completly custom fuel system and brake system. Bulkhead fittings on the firewall and the lines will run along the trans tunnel (fuel) and the brake lines will go along the drivers floor pan. It may sound weird but a few car builders have done it like this. Look up Ring Brothers '67 Mustang "Reactor" and if you find the build pictures you'll see what I mean.

That's my goal anyway, let's see if it works.

You don't run fuel lines inside the pass compartment. Most sanctioning bodies will boot you for such a thing...

The way I want to do it and the way the Ring Bros. car is set up is they made
round tubing and bent it and welded it to the floor pan, then the fuel line is run inside of that. It'll be protected form heat and debris. Fuel filter will be next to the tank outside the car. I might make hard lines out of stainless to run inside those tubes to prevent any fumes like braided lines can sometimes have. We'll see.

Back