jack cotton 8.36 at 167mph

I was lucky enough to see this first hand! That car is BOSS! Looked and sounded great blowing down the track guys! Cecil was a great event yesterday all around :biggrin:

Congrats Jack and crew! That thing is puttin down some serious numbers! It looked good going down the track on Sat.

Way to go Jack! Wow.

Ya know it's not too late to get that thing on a trailer and head down to Oklahoma for some more racing October 16th ;););)

Way to go Jack! Wow.

Ya know it's not too late to get that thing on a trailer and head down to Oklahoma for some more racing October 16th ;););)

Save me a parking spot...... thanks some more guys.. :smile:

Congratulations! Any more details?

Actually there are some details.... :) The weather was actually pretty good, but not great, temp was in the 60's and 70's. The best reading we had on the weather station was 29ft above sea level. I wonder how much faster I might have run had I been at Etown..? :eek: I heard it was 200ft BELOW SEA LEVEL.. :eek::biggrin: Hmmm, lets see... the car hooked pretty good, but even with a respectable 1.34 60ft on the 1st pass... I could see several spots at the launch where we had significant tire spin as well as tire spin at the top of second gear and tire spin at about the 1,000ft mark... need to do a little work in the program, a little adjusting of the Innovative boost controller as well.. I think just those 2 areas could net us a few ticks off the time slip. Boost was set to come in at 34lbs after the 1st 1.5 seconds of 19 and 26lbs respectively.. Our data showed the target overshot the 19lbs at launch, so it looks like we may ramp the boost down for how fast it comes in.

Every pass we made, 4 of them were 167 plus mph, 1 pass where it cut out mometarily at the launch was 166.8 so I think we were consistent... I'm curious how much power we're missing by still running the stock coil pack and module... with the MSD dis4 box for the 2-step.. Oh ya.. almost forgot another detail.. we built another new custom IC thursday with 3" inlet and outlet with some internal air deflecters inside the endtanks.. seemed to work well with minimal temp rise. We are planning to build a few more similar units with a few other mods we have come up with working with our engineers. It's late, going to bed, maybe I can come up with more details tomorrow. I do have questions about where I can improve performance, was wondering how much boost this turbo has left ... for one.. :)

Save me a parking spot...... thanks some more guys.. :smile:

If you are serious, I am going to be at the TNT on Friday night and I'll make sure we can park a tow rig up there by the good spots to keep a place for you to park. Let me know how much room you are gonna need. :D:D:D

Damn,get that 60ft down and your gonna have the fastest stock headed car in the country and possibly be the first guy in the 7s!
At 34#s you havent even reached that turbos sweet spot yet,give that boost controller a few more ticks!!
Congrats again on a your new best!

If you are serious, I am going to be at the TNT on Friday night and I'll make sure we can park a tow rig up there by the good spots to keep a place for you to park. Let me know how much room you are gonna need. :D:D:D

Just a little Pumpkin Patch will do... :)

Actually there are some details.... :) The weather was actually pretty good, but not great, temp was in the 60's and 70's. The best reading we had on the weather station was 29ft above sea level. I wonder how much faster I might have run had I been at Etown..? :eek: I heard it was 200ft BELOW SEA LEVEL.. :eek::biggrin: Hmmm, lets see... the car hooked pretty good, but even with a respectable 1.34 60ft on the 1st pass... I could see several spots at the launch where we had significant tire spin as well as tire spin at the top of second gear and tire spin at about the 1,000ft mark... need to do a little work in the program, a little adjusting of the Innovative boost controller as well.. I think just those 2 areas could net us a few ticks off the time slip. Boost was set to come in at 34lbs after the 1st 1.5 seconds of 19 and 26lbs respectively.. Our data showed the target overshot the 19lbs at launch, so it looks like we may ramp the boost down for how fast it comes in.

Every pass we made, 4 of them were 167 plus mph, 1 pass where it cut out mometarily at the launch was 166.8 so I think we were consistent... I'm curious how much power we're missing by still running the stock coil pack and module... with the MSD dis4 box for the 2-step.. Oh ya.. almost forgot another detail.. we built another new custom IC thursday with 3" inlet and outlet with some internal air deflecters inside the endtanks.. seemed to work well with minimal temp rise. We are planning to build a few more similar units with a few other mods we have come up with working with our engineers. It's late, going to bed, maybe I can come up with more details tomorrow. I do have questions about where I can improve performance, was wondering how much boost this turbo has left ... for one.. :)
I hope you didn't take that air density comment as any type of dig Jack,
you and Brian got the ole girl flying and the air quality is not the reason.

Call me

Jack if you want to give me a call today I'll go over some details on your combo and give you some tips on where things need to be worked on.