Jack Cotton

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I am the original owner of a 67,000 mile 84GN. I had been patiently awaiting someone to come up with a good intercooler set-up for the hot-air cars. Since that never seemed to happen, I called Jack one day to see if he knew about a good I/C kit. He told me that the Spearco units had issues and suggested I simply convert my car to a 86-87 Intercooler set-up. When I expressed consernation about finding a motor and all the stuff, he offered to sell me the engine from his sisters 87GN that he was parting out. I told him my only problem was getting the motor from Mass. to NC and he told me "no problem" since he was coming to Bristol in several weeks (almost 2 years ago...I think) and would bring there.

That was the start of a long and beneficial relationship between Jack and I. He has steered me away from many "hot parts of the month" that would do nothing for my GN. I even trailered my car to his shop to sort out several problems with my GN after I had made the I/C conversion (powdered parts do not make good ground sources). He stayed on the phone for several hours helping me diagnose a problem with my GN when I installed FAST...the 3 bar map sensor went south...no boost...but he figured it out over the phone!

In short, he WILL help you if you will listen to him. Do business with him. You won't be sorry.

Conrad Carter
Albemarle, NC

ps...there are a multitude of pieces that are required to make the hot air/intercooler conversion....Mike McCoy (Muscle Car Salvage...Indian Trail, NC) was a huge help to me getting the used pieces that I needed.

Thank you Conrad, it's been as much of a pleasure for me as I hope it has been for you. I get more satisfaction out of helping guys achieve their goals than I do out of making income selling parts..... of course it is kinda nice to be able to be in a business that allows me to do what I love as a job and share what I have learned over the years of trial and error.
thank you,

:) I got a shop full of parts from ol Jack .. now If I can get them all on the car Id be much better off

got these parts out quickly too knowing this is a job that has to meet a deadline :)

i have give JACK about $10,000 in the last 2 years for t66 ,art car convertor, gn1 heads, roller cam, td shaft mount rockers , valve covers for the heads,2 down pipes, complete atr exhaust plus all the little parts needed to get a stock car fast. plus my girlfriend got her parts for her turbo t there, plus i brought my buddy there to get the stuff for his there also. he always listens to your problems and gives you advice how to fix it yourself and he will steer you away from parts that you probably won't need for your intended goal. this is why i spend my money with JACK that and the NEW JERSEY traffic sucks and i always pick up my parts in person.i will be up soon to pick up some stuff for my new tta's PONTIAC JAMES:D